225 contacts missing out of nowhere.

OP
XanRules

XanRules

Reaction score
Well why won't it ****ing sync with google to begin with?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Reaction score

Well, since it works pretty much flawlessly for about 99.9% of users, either you got hit by some bug (or more likely some weird combination of apps), which is possible, or (probable) it's an error on your part that we can't diagnose over the internet because we can't see exactly what you're doing.

Did you by chance unselect your google account under display options in the contacts menu?

djakrse

Reaction score

Just passing by and heard what happened. Sorry about your troubles.

I may have missed something but have you verified on your phone that sync is still turned on for your Gmail account in the phone's settings? Under Settings > Accounts and Sync ... verify that sync is on for your account or even that your account is there at all.

Also I didn't see where a nandroid restore was performed unless "no matter how far I turn back the clock" is it? That would be a good idea in case there's more missing from your phone than you realize.

Hope you get it all back. Once you can, heed the advice about making a hard backup it they are so important!

djakrse

Reaction score
They're gone in PC gmail as well.
I managed to restore them from a nandroid, then weed out everyone I had deleted or changed.

Anyone know how to FORCE gmail and the phone contact list to synchronize?

Ok I see the nand restore here, sorry