Need help

gundampilot

Reaction score
my friend gave me the link to the 2 videos on how to do the recovery and install the new custom rom.
Video: Flashing SPRecovery SBF to Stock 2.1 - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog
Video: Installing a Custom ROM Using SPRecovery - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog
I did everything i saw in both videos but when it came time to install the custom rom, it said it wasn't found. i thought this was weird because i downloaded the jrummy's file, changed it to update.zip. And when i went to the install screen after going through the other 2 it had the file up there to install but when i clicked on it it said it couldn't be found. i have no idea where i messed at, can anyone help me?

pinkDROID

Reaction score
hello gundam

its me tina! lol simply try redownloading the file to your computer.. rename the file update.zip. Power your phone off hold the X button and power button.. wait for the sprecovery screen to show up wipe data/cache.. then click install "update.zip"! your phone is fine sometimes weird **** happens so just retry and you will be good to go.. gtalk me or call me if you still need helpdancedroid

OP
G

gundampilot

Reaction score
it saysE:Can't open /sdcard/update.zip
(no such file or directory)
Installation aborted