Please HELP!

lisaq

Reaction score
I've been trying for 2 days to download the Lithium Mod Pink-Life Theme and cannot get it install. I have tried both through SPRecovery and through ROM Manager. Either way the install aborts during the file verification process. Can someone help please??? You'd be my hero! :biggrin:

EbE404

Reaction score
I've been trying for 2 days to download the Lithium Mod Pink-Life Theme and cannot get it install. I have tried both through SPRecovery and through ROM Manager. Either way the install aborts during the file verification process. Can someone help please??? You'd be my hero! :biggrin:

It sounds to me like a bad download. Have you tried to download again (ideally via WiFi)?

OP
lisaq

lisaq

Reaction score
It did take forever to download. I'll try downloading with wifi and see if that helps.

EbE404

Reaction score
It did take forever to download. I'll try downloading with wifi and see if that helps.

I never trust 3G for downloads of ROMs-just too much to go wrong.

Good luck, let us know if it gets sorted.

OP
lisaq

lisaq

Reaction score
I'll give it a shot assuming my wifi cooperates. Doesn't seem to want to work worth crap even though it says I have an excellent signal. Just technologically challenged at the moment apparently. Nothing wants to work right! :)

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Hmmm...I've downloaded every ROM I've ever ran via 3G with 0 issues. What's your signal like where you're trying to download it?

DroidForums junkie!

OP
lisaq

lisaq

Reaction score
I think it's the wifi itself that's the problem. It says the signal is excellent but it won't connect to crap. Very frustrating.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
What's your 3G signal like?

I think it's the wifi itself that's the problem. It says the signal is excellent but it won't connect to crap. Very frustrating.

DroidForums junkie!

OP
lisaq

lisaq

Reaction score
It says "Good" 11 Mbps but even when it says excellent it won't connect.

OP
lisaq

lisaq

Reaction score
What if I download it to my computer and then move it over to the phone? Might that work?

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Your 3G says "good"?? How many bars do you have on your 3G signal..not your WiFi?
Yes, downloading on your PC and mounting your SD card should work better.

It says "Good" 11 Mbps but even when it says excellent it won't connect.

DroidForums junkie!

OP
lisaq

lisaq

Reaction score
Anywhere between 1 and 3...sometimes more. I'll try downloading on the PC and moving it over. Thanks for all of your help!

OP
lisaq

lisaq

Reaction score
Ugh....same error through ROM Manager. I'm almost afraid to try it through SPRecovery. Tired of re-activating my phone and starting from scratch.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I only use SP so I'm not really that familiar with ROM Manager or CW. You have to rename the file to "update.zip", click "allow update.zip installation, then "install update.zip" for it to work.

Ugh....same error through ROM Manager. I'm almost afraid to try it through SPRecovery. Tired of re-activating my phone and starting from scratch.

DroidForums junkie!

OP
lisaq

lisaq

Reaction score
I think I figured it out. Somehow I think that the phone didn't root. Going to go back and try to root it again I guess. Sure would have saved a lot of time and frustration if I'd have figured that out sooner! Sheesh!