Need help to enter Milestone's system recovery

nekkk

Reaction score
Hi there.
I'm from Brazil and I have a 2.1 rooted Moto Milestone. Before I messed things up, I had access to Android system recovery mode by pressing camera and power buttons.
Seeing I didn't have nandroid options enabled I tried to install SPRecovery using Android Terminal Emulator and following this method: Getting SPRecovery back on your phone - no sbf - Black Droid Mod (sorry if I can't post external links).
No message problems appeared but now when I try to load recovery mode it shows bootloader mode.

Bootloader
Err:A5,69,35,00,2F

Battery OK
OK to Program
Connect USB
Data Cable

By the way, I also can get into bootloader mode without error message (up on d-pad + power button).

Can someone please help me?

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You tried to flash SPRecovery, which to my knowledge isn't working with the Milestone.

OP
N

nekkk

Reaction score
titans, what are my options now?

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Did you try holding the X on the keyboard, then powering up (while holding down the X)

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Are there any sbfs for the Milestone? Stock 2.0? 2.0.1?

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Thanks for posting that but I think the OP bailed anyway. Or maybe he fixed it.

OP
N

nekkk

Reaction score
I'm still searching for a solution...
And I found out that I have a not so old nandroid backup made using OpenRecovery.. but how to restore it?

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I don't know how to operate recoveries beside SPRecovery and Clockwork but there should be a Backup or Restore option

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
And I found out that I have a not so old nandroid backup made using OpenRecovery.. but how to restore it?

First off you'll have to forgive us. Milestone rooting is way different than Droid. How did you make a nandroid with openrecovery and still have stock android recovery?
I can't do much searching as I'm at work, but I know the milestone was unlocked not too long ago. There must be an alternate recovery for milestone out there. I will look and see what I can find.

Sent from my Droid

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
http://android.doshaska.net/rootable

That has a new recovery you can flash with rsdlite.

Sent from my Droid

OP
N

nekkk

Reaction score

First off you'll have to forgive us. Milestone rooting is way different than Droid. How did you make a nandroid with openrecovery and still have stock android recovery?
I can't do much searching as I'm at work, but I know the milestone was unlocked not too long ago. There must be an alternate recovery for milestone out there. I will look and see what I can find.

Sent from my Droid

jstafford1, openrecovery does not replace android recovery mode (http://www.droidforums.net/forum/motorola-milestone/43487-open-recovery-v1-05-05-07-2010-a.html). Days ago I just ran it through recovery mode and made a nandroid backup.

But I managed to re-enable stock android recovery using rsdlite and the sbf you provided. Everything seems to be back to normal now.

Thanks everyone for helping me!!