Need answers for my updates

gmflyer23

Reaction score
I'm on 902 stock rom and am rooted. I want to finally take my ota 905 update after unfreezing it along with my bloat. A couple of questions, If I take the update. What happens to my rooted apps until I become rooted again? Also, can I install the new Ics thats being released to everyone ota? That's why im giving up root to be able to get these ota's. I currently also have safestrap loaded on my phone. Can anyone help me resolve this? Thanks I appreciate any help

sst45jeff

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
search safestrap & read about how to get rid of it for the update.
You will loose root when you update Unless you download Voodoo root keeper in the market & use it to temp unroot & than re-apply after update.
I have used voodoo root keeper through all updates & installing some leaks & it has worked every time to keep root.
Rooted apps just wont work until rooted again & you may have to re download them if they disappear.

After you get every thing else handled you can take the ota ics with out issue, if you don't make sure & get safestrap off completely you will have issues.

You may want to read about house of bionic also. there is allot of good info there to help you understand the process.

medic27

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7
I am on 5.9.905 stock but rooted. Does anyone know for sure that Voodoo will work with OTA ICS?

Thx

droidvj

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G4
I am on 5.9.905 stock but rooted. Does anyone know for sure that Voodoo will work with OTA ICS?

Thx

Yes it will. I'm still rooted. Installed & ran Voodoo, removed forever root & bootstrap and I'm still rooted. Keeping root really helps out debugging any install problems since the log file from the install is /cache/recovery/last_log. If your update fails, look in this log. Maybe you still have something which was modified.

medic27

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7
I will give it a go, Thx....I will let you know.