need a developer for a DNC server app

jmlaser

Reaction score
Looking for a DNC server type app
similar to this for the palm. It would be a usb to serial communication
app that would allow me to save machine G code from idustrial machinery.
ANY help appreciated
JM

OP
J

jmlaser

Reaction score
BUMP,.. someone please point me in the direction of a developer

OP
J

jmlaser

Reaction score
No Love from the droid community?
At least someone give me a suggestion of where else to post this...

BitHammer

Reaction score
For what machines?

I'm looking into doing this for my own needs. Is anyone still interested? For what machines? I'm using Milltronics Centurion 5 and 6 controllers.

Thanks!

lpulle

Reaction score
Back in my days of programing, I used the Palm to load and unload Fanuc and Hassle machines. Seems I wrote the app to do this - some time ago. ***** to grow old - folks just put you out to pasture.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

BitHammer

Reaction score
What do you have in mind? I'm thinking a tablet app that will download programs via a Bluetooth serial port. Does that fit your needs?

instabin

Reaction score
What do you have in mind? I'm thinking a tablet app that will download programs via a Bluetooth serial port. Does that fit your needs?

Could it work on both table and phone. We do not have any tablets.

Bluetooth sounds good.

BitHammer

Reaction score
Could it work on both table and phone. We do not have any tablets.

Bluetooth sounds good.

I don't see why not. I'm just thinking that a cheap Bluetooth tablet (which I'm having a little trouble finding) could stay with each machine. I guess one phone would be sufficient; The operator carries it with him. Pull CNC programs off of a server via Wi-Fi, and then send them through the correct Bluetooth serial port. Sounds workable. I'm currently using my old G1 as a development target, so a phone is a good starting point.

instabin

Reaction score
I don't see why not. I'm just thinking that a cheap Bluetooth tablet (which I'm having a little trouble finding) could stay with each machine. I guess one phone would be sufficient; The operator carries it with him. Pull CNC programs off of a server via Wi-Fi, and then send them through the correct Bluetooth serial port. Sounds workable. I'm currently using my old G1 as a development target, so a phone is a good starting point.

Or you could just pull the programs off the sd card

Here is a serial to Bluetooth adapter Newegg.com - SIIG ID-SB0011-S1 RS-232 to Bluetooth Converter

stuaxeman

Reaction score
We do exactly that. Take the serial information to bluetooth. Then we have an android app that reads and displays the information and gives you different options for saving it. Let me know what kind of information you are trying to save and we can customize it for you.

instabin

Reaction score
We do exactly that. Take the serial information to bluetooth. Then we have an android app that reads and displays the information and gives you different options for saving it. Let me know what kind of information you are trying to save and we can customize it for you.

The application would be like easy dnc for the pc (Dnc Software for Windows)

Up load and download text files to a cnc control

stuaxeman

Reaction score
That should be no problem. I have several projects I am working on and will need a week to finish up. Let me know if you would like to go forward and I will send you my contact information