Droid Task & Memo apps to replace Palm apps

fitrich

Reaction score
Before I convert from my Palm Centro to the HTC Thunderbolt, what are the best Task/To Do and Memo/Note apps which are similar to the Palm apps? I use my phone a lot for listing tasks and writing & organizing notes. I would appreciate help.

crapple_h8er

Reaction score
I've only had my TB for about a week, but I've been using an app called InkPad as my memo/note taker. It's free, but it's add supported, but still gets the job done none the less.

As far as tasks, the built in calender does a pretty good job with that, for what I would use it for anyhow.

Online1

Reaction score
I use Note Everything. There is a free version to try. But I paid for it and love it.

Sent from my Milestone X using Tapatalk

Lenagainster

Reaction score
ColorNote (free) allows you to make checkoff lists and text notes. Nice app. Also Google Tasks integrates with your PC as does Google Calendar.

OP
F

fitrich

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with DejaOffice?

Seattlesteven

Reaction score
i used Palm devotedly for 10+ yrs. decent Free app called PalmNotes emulates our old Notes/Memo's functions.
Some excellent resources out there for converting Palm contacts to Android OS thru CSV extracting/exporting procedures.
and lastly, the onboard Droid calendar sux for us used to Palm calendar. yesterday i paid $5.99 for a BusinessCalendar app that is MUCH friendlier and SEARCHABLE! (native calendar is not searchable!!)

OP
F

fitrich

Reaction score
Thanks. I will check out PalmNotes.

NotQuiteADummy

Reaction score
Yes, I have been using it to sync with MS Outlook 2010 ever since I got my DROID 2 Global several months ago. You can get it via the DROID Market; I don't remember the price, if any. You also MUST download Companionlink Express (or some other version of Companionlink?) and install it on your PC. When I first started, I had to do a flurry of emails to Tech Support of both companies, but both were very helpful. I was up and running smoothly in a day or so.

However, ever since VZW updated my phone to the Gingerbread OS, the Companionlink-enabled sync between my phone and PC does something funny. The sync has two stages/phases/whatever. First, it updates the PC with the phone data, then it says that part is done. Then you touch the phone screen to perform the phone sync. Now, while it is doing the phone sync, it says" Cancelling Sync". But it is not cancelling, it is performing the sync just as it should. I have emailed them about that.

Hope this helps.

REMilk

Reaction score
Since you moved from the Palm, you might be interested in Graffiti, a keyboard replacement that is very similar to the Palms 'graffitti'.

I miss the full functionality of DateBk from the Palm. I think this was one of the best PIMs of all time.

Bob

NotQuiteADummy

Reaction score
I hear you. But my simple Palm Zire is no longer supported and got buggier and buggier. Palm/ACCESS wants everyone to convert to fancier machines. So, after getting the DROID, I sacrificed the better-than-office Palm functions to be able to reliably sync between PC and phone. I did sync DROID-Palm for a while, but the Palm went senile. And the DROID does have all of the features I need (calendar, memos, contacts).