Navigation Not Prompting Over Streaming Music

Mateles

Reaction score
I haven't used Navigation much but I found that when I had Pandora streaming music in the background at the same time, I did not get the Navigation prompts for turns. Is it just this app? Does it do this with mp3s off the SD card? Is there a work-around? Any other apps out there that let you set sound priorities for multiple apps? Thanks

Trip

Reaction score
Works fine for me with mp3's and the stock music app, the voice directions override the music, then the music comes back on.

Might be because the phone doesn't recongnize the app as a music app, all it knows is the app is running, and the droid is supposed to muti task, so it doesn't interupt it. I obviously can't say thats the case for sure, but that would be my guess.

GolfProRM

Reaction score
I'll test it again today on the way home from work, but I don't recall anytime that I didn't receive navigation directions when also using Pandora. I've always had it override Pandora and play the navigation info.

GolfProRM

Reaction score
Just tested using Pandora with navigation on the way home and the music was interrupted every time, regardless of which app I had up on screen. One thing to confirm is that you have GPS lock and it is actually navigating. Also make sure your nav isn't on mute.

Mark5047

Reaction score
Same here - Pandora was playing but the nav directions came through as expected. Pandora came back on after Stephen Hawkings' girlfriend was done with what she had to say.

OP
Mateles

Mateles

Reaction score
Weird - I just tried it again and it's working properly. Awesome!