Native Yahoo Mail app issue

tannins

Reaction score
Set up worked fine and my inbox shows my new yahoo emails, but when I open a message there is nothing there. Where the body of the email should be is blank white space. Some emails work ok, some have the blank white space....about 50/50. Called verizon, they had no answer accept to use the Yahoo Mail app from the market. I prefer to use the native app and it should work.
I haven't figured out if the emails that don't work are from a particular source (like all iphone emails or gmails or something) but it doesn't seem to be so.

Anyone else have this problem? Anyone have a solution?

Thanks

clemarr

Reaction score
Set up worked fine and my inbox shows my new yahoo emails, but when I open a message there is nothing there. Where the body of the email should be is blank white space. Some emails work ok, some have the blank white space....about 50/50. Called verizon, they had no answer accept to use the Yahoo Mail app from the market. I prefer to use the native app and it should work.
I haven't figured out if the emails that don't work are from a particular source (like all iphone emails or gmails or something) but it doesn't seem to be so.

Anyone else have this problem? Anyone have a solution?

Thanks

I am having the exact same problem. I have been searching the internet with no luck. Maybe someone else will see this thread and have figured it out.

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
I had the same problem yesterday, I finally reset the password. It did the trick.

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
A friend of mine had this issue on the D2 and the only solution was to use the official Yahoo Mail app. Now when you say you're using the native yahoo mail app...do you mean you're using Yahoo Mail in the native email app? Because the native Android email app sucks. I've had various issues with that thing forever. I switched to K-9 and never looked back.

cp24eva

Reaction score
+1 With MrSmith. I just got on k-9 myself. Great e-mail app. I just wished that I didn't have to press the menu button to send. Just a minor nuance, but great app nevertheless.

OP
T

tannins

Reaction score
MrSmith....yes, I was refering to the email setup that comes on the phone. I never had any problems with it on my Motorola Droid1, although it wasn't pretty, it functioned perfectly.

I contacted htc and they blame yahoo. I can't agree with them because my yahoo email worked flawlessly on my Motorola.

What's K-9? An email app I presume.

Thanks for the replies.

OP
T

tannins

Reaction score
Found out today at the verizon store that the Rezound has the same capability to set up a Yahoo mail account "manually" as my old Motorola did. Instead of doing the quick setup with the Yahoo mail link that comes on the phone, use the "other" mail accounts and set up manually. You need to know some server information, which the guy at verizon knew and was able to set up.
Now I can see my emails just fine.

clemarr

Reaction score
I just tried to set up Yahoo Mail manually. Mine still does the same thing. When I click on some emails it will display the email with the graphics but before I get a chance to read the page it's gone. But all emails do not do this. I am just not quite sure whats going on with it.

mikeor70

Reaction score
I just tried to set up Yahoo Mail manually. Mine still does the same thing. When I click on some emails it will display the email with the graphics but before I get a chance to read the page it's gone. But all emails do not do this. I am just not quite sure whats going on with it.

Same problem here. When I open some messages, it looks like it downloads then disappears. Haven't found much online except for this thread. Help? Anyone?

OP
T

tannins

Reaction score
The yahoo mail app that is native to the phone does not work. Htc told me this. You can set it up manually under "other" mail. Or use the Yahoo app from the market.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

mikeor70

Reaction score
I suppose Ill give it a try. Crazy thing is, the native mail app has always worked on my TB up until a few days ago.

mikeinctown

Reaction score
I dislike the yahoo mail setup native with the phone. The Yahoo App works perfect for me on the new Rezound and worked perfect for me on my old Droid.