Replacement E-Mail App

Droidram56

Reaction score
The native mail app on the Rezound sometimes does not retrieve messages from the server. As a result, I just use the Gmail app. But I don't like the way it keeps email strings connected.

I haven't been impressed with the third party email apps that are available in Google Play. Has anyone found an email app that they are pleased with?

acejavelin

Reaction score
Most people use K-9 Mail, but I am not sure what you are looking for exactly, your request seems counter-intuitive... Why wouldn't you want to leave the messages on the server? Guess I would need some information on what you are connecting to (IMAP, POP3, Exchange, other) and what you are trying to accomplish.

OP
Droidram56

Droidram56

Reaction score
acejavelin said:
Most people use K-9 Mail, but I am not sure what you are looking for exactly, your request seems counter-intuitive... Why wouldn't you want to leave the messages on the server? Guess I would need some information on what you are connecting to (IMAP, POP3, Exchange, other) and what you are trying to accomplish.

What I meant to say is, for certain messages, when I opened them I only got "unable to retrieve from server" instead of the actual message text. Not an issue in the Gmail app. My email account is a Gmail account. But I like individual messages (original and replies) to be separate.

acejavelin

Reaction score
I would recommend Kaiten, K-9 Mail, or MailDroid, but no apps except GMail have native API support for Gmail, so you will have to use them in IMAP mode.

OP
Droidram56

Droidram56

Reaction score
acejavelin said:
I would recommend Kaiten, K-9 Mail, or MailDroid, but no apps except GMail have native API support for Gmail, so you will have to use them in IMAP mode.

Thanks. I'll check these out. Too bad the native email apps that come with the device tend to be lacking. I'be found that to be the case on the OG Droid, Droid Bionic, and the Rezound, running Froyo, GB, and ICS.

Schimm

Reaction score
Give a look to aquamail. It's new and my new favorite.

Sent via Tapatalk from my Rezound.

OP
Droidram56

Droidram56

Reaction score
Schimm said:
Give a look to aquamail. It's new and my new favorite.

Sent via Tapatalk from my Rezound.

I tried Aquamail previously. I liked it except for the fact that it wouldn't display Web material that was in the text of one email. So I had to go to the Gmail app to read the message. Otherwise the app was good.