Yahoo Mail

asmallchild

Reaction score
So I got my Yahoo mail working beautifully on this device (I will say I miss push email with Yahoo Mail on the blackberry, but the push Gmail works so much better on the Droid) but I have one question

With the IMAP selected, I know that all changes I make in the inbox on my phone are reflected in my Yahoo inbox.

However, when I'm sending emails from the phone, I don't see a sent copy in my Yahoo inbox like I would with my old Blackberry.

Is this just the way it works? Thanks for all the help

OP
asmallchild

asmallchild

Reaction score
anyone?

I'm assuming similar issues exist with AOL mail, hotmail?

Laurence5905

Reaction score
I don't use Yahoo Mail, but on my Comcast mail the e-mails I send from my Droid are not stored in my "sent" folder on the Comcast site. I don't think there's a way for you to set it to do that, but maybe somone else here has a different experience...

Vitticeps

Reaction score
You've already got a leg up on most of us. Very few have been able to get yahoo imap to work on the Droid. Most of us are only able to use pop3 yahoo. This is likely why you're not getting much response.

OP
asmallchild

asmallchild

Reaction score
I don't use Yahoo Mail, but on my Comcast mail the e-mails I send from my Droid are not stored in my "sent" folder on the Comcast site. I don't think there's a way for you to set it to do that, but maybe somone else here has a different experience...

yeah i figured as much, oh well, i can stick with gmail, it's much better anyway :)

OP
asmallchild

asmallchild

Reaction score
You've already got a leg up on most of us. Very few have been able to get yahoo imap to work on the Droid. Most of us are only able to use pop3 yahoo. This is likely why you're not getting much response.

ahh, I didn't realize it was such an issue

I think I might just end up going without Yahoo on my phone. I've always felt Gmail was the stronger service anyway, I'll slowly transition my remaining contacts and "train" them to email me at my gmail address :)

JessiesGirl

Reaction score

Because I only use my yahoo as a personal email, I just use the mobile mail. Yes, I have to check it every so often, but that wasn't a big deal to me for personal email.