Nandroid Restore

Mr.Cookie

Reaction score
Anyone try it yet from the new recovery? Being so new, I don't want to try it and bork the phone.

My idea is to apply the leaked update. If for whatever reason I end up off the upgrade path by doing so, I could just revert to my backup and the do the OTA. Would I have to uninstall the recovery before applying the update? I wouldn't think that it would check that partition but I could be wrong.

I suppose that by the time I would need to get back on the official path, we will probably have some ROMs by then eh? What do you guys think?

JesterMX6

Reaction score
yes i've tried it multiple times. i've started another thread asking for someone to make a stockish backup of 5.5.959 so i can verify that i can go back to it from the leaked OTA update and verify that you can go back and forth without issue

OP
M

Mr.Cookie

Reaction score
Well I may be able to give you one. I cant seem to get the update to install. I unfroze all boat, removed root, and removed the recovery. Update fails with error 7. Don't remember what else I did that would be making it fail. Trying to re-download the update to see if that helps. If not I''ll probably do a factory reset and if I do, fist thing ill do is install recovery and make a backup. As far as I know, you wouldn't be able to restore my backup, but I'm not entirely sure about that. Ill let you know if I get a clean one.

OP
M

Mr.Cookie

Reaction score
Well none of it worked. Not even a factory reset got the update installed. I opened a new thread to let others discuss the security considerations of releasing the back up. I found my phone number in the blank copy under contacts. I am just wondering what else might be in there.