5.7.893 radio/kernel

bilbobaggins

Reaction score
hey man!!! post it on mediafire or any of those sites? does that work? Id love to check it out! And where did you get it?

Thats a big file, i sent you a private message, my friend said Free large file hosting. Send big files the easy way! might work. If not, anyone else know of a free site that can handle a 700MB upload? maybe google docs? not sure tho

Thanks

I'm trying Multiupload. It spreads it out to 10 different sharing sites. The first upload stopped at 600 MB. I don't know what happened because they didn't say there was a file size limit. If it doesn't go this time I'll get a month of mediashare so everyone here that wants to play with it can download it. The free service there is 200 MB sendspace is 300. I'll get it up somehow so you can take a look at it. When it's up I'll give you the link.

OP
D

dags5000

Reaction score
I'm trying Multiupload. It spreads it out to 10 different sharing sites. The first upload stopped at 600 MB. I don't know what happened because they didn't say there was a file size limit. If it doesn't go this time I'll get a month of mediashare so everyone here that wants to play with it can download it. The free service there is 200 MB sendspace is 300. I'll get it up somehow so you can take a look at it. When it's up I'll give you the link.

What are u uploading? The original reply about uploading was debunked as it was.just the stock sbf stuff. If its that, it doesn't revert the kernel so its nit what we need

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

americanz

Reaction score
ok so i know this is 5.7.893. i am on 5.5.893. am i going to have the same issues with the OTA? i tried the radio.zip in cw. but it failed... said

assert failed: motorola.motoflash("/tmp/bp.img")
Error in /sdcard/bionic apps.radio.zip
(status 7)
installation aborted.

my baseband is: CDMA_N_03.1C.57 ltedc_u_05.15.01
my kernal is: 2.6.35.7-g68606e6
vwm736@il93lnxdroid43 #1

any advice would be appreciated

OP
D

dags5000

Reaction score
ok so i know this is 5.7.893. i am on 5.5.893. am i going to have the same issues with the OTA? i tried the radio.zip in cw. but it failed... said

assert failed: motorola.motoflash("/tmp/bp.img")
Error in /sdcard/bionic apps.radio.zip
(status 7)
installation aborted.

my baseband is: CDMA_N_03.1C.57 ltedc_u_05.15.01
vwm736@il93lnxdroid43 #1

any advice would be appreciated

yes your kernel was updated, you are in the same boat as us. You just have to wait it out for the official OTA and see if it works. If it doesnt, will have to wait for a solution or a leak that lets us update the kernel - or send it back to moto to flash

americanz

Reaction score
why wont the radio.zip work? and send it back to moto? yea that sound costly.

OP
D

dags5000

Reaction score
why wont the radio.zip work? and send it back to moto? yea that sound costly.

you need to flash the radio.zip from the stock recovery, NOT from clockwork recovery. power up and hold both up and down volumes. you'll get a menu popup. scroll down to recovery, then hit up and you'll be taken to recovery. in there, hit both volumn buttons again, and apply radio.zip from there. when i did it, i first restored sbf back to stock first, but not sure that is needed.

If you ever want to take future OTA updates, we possibly will not be able to take them cause of the kernel change. If that happens, moto can flash and fix. It's costly only in terms of the time it will take to send and get it back, they dont charge you

americanz

Reaction score
you need to flash the radio.zip from the stock recovery, NOT from clockwork recovery. power up and hold both up and down volumes. you'll get a menu popup. scroll down to recovery, then hit up and you'll be taken to recovery. in there, hit both volumn buttons again, and apply radio.zip from there. when i did it, i first restored sbf back to stock first, but not sure that is needed.

If you ever want to take future OTA updates, we possibly will not be able to take them cause of the kernel change. If that happens, moto can flash and fix. It's costly only in terms of the time it will take to send and get it back, they dont charge you

thanks for the info

americanz

Reaction score
so i just came across this

"In the case of the stock Bionic, the [FONT=inherit !important][FONT=inherit !important]Linux [/FONT][FONT=inherit !important]kernel[/FONT][/FONT] is v2.6.35.7" taken fron here http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-bionic-hacks/185171-what-do-alternate-kernels-do.html

[FONT=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]and i also have a co-worker who has a stock bionc and his is 2.6.35.7. the rest is different but ya. so from what i can tell, i could be wrong, but as long as you are still on the 5.5.893 you still have stock kernal? am i correct? i mean i did the 5.5.893 update and [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]my kernal is: 2.6.35.7-g68606e6 [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]vwm736@il93lnxdroid43 #1[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]so i should be good correct?[/FONT]

OP
D

dags5000

Reaction score
so i just came across this

"In the case of the stock Bionic, the [FONT=inherit !important][FONT=inherit !important]Linux [/FONT][FONT=inherit !important]kernel[/FONT][/FONT] is v2.6.35.7" taken fron here http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-bionic-hacks/185171-what-do-alternate-kernels-do.html

and i also have a co-worker who has a stock bionc and his is 2.6.35.7. the rest is different but ya. so from what i can tell, i could be wrong, but as long as you are still on the 5.5.893 you still have stock kernal? am i correct? i mean i did the 5.5.893 update and
vwm736@il93lnxdroid43 #1

so i should be good correct?

No - that is not the stock kernel. the 2.6.35.7 part is same, but the other parts of it are not what came with stock. You have the updated kernel and if you tried updating the latest leaked OTA it will fail.