Changing Radio!

dettofatto

Reaction score
Ok.... I've seen a lot of users in many forums that want change the radio...

I've changed the radio on my droid pro (from verizon). But previous, trying other things and bricking a lot of times my phone, I've installed with rsdlite, argentinian 2.3.6, for helping argentinian users... but my phone gone into bootloader error...
So I used sbf_flash with argentinian 2.3.6 and my phone restarted...! Now ,The good think is that if I flash my phone with rsdlite I'll brick my phone, but change my radio... So I use again sbf_flash (and argentinian 2.3.6) and my phone restart with new radio....

Edit...

Yes I know....! With rsdlite...

Ok rsdlite can rewrite the radio. Sbf_flash no...
The American users know this thing, but for European (we don't have any sbf) it is a good news, because they can flash an american/argentinian sbf without changing radio.... Naturally with sbf_flash...
Flashing american on european with rsdlite will brick your phone, without changing the radio...
European on American with rsdlite will brick your phone, without changing your radio...
But if you'll use sbf flash, your phone will be glad!
You must see only if you have a locked kernel... (argentinian 2.3.6 I'm sure... for american 2.3.4, I don't know...)

Attention!!!
Argentinian gsm is 800/2100
European gsm is 900/1200
So we can understand the european's issues with argentinian rom....

I'm always sure that we must search the radio in the sbf! Not files...

I've done some steps here, only for trying...

1) Put your phone in bootloader mode

2) Start with Linux Knoppix live cd

3) Open terminal emulator from your folder where you have your sbf (i've used 2.26.20 verizon SBF..))

4) put also sbf_flash in the same folder ( you can find here:http://blog.opticaldelusion.org/search/label/sbf_flash )

chmod +x sbf_flash

then

sudo ./sbf_flash -r --bpsw 2260.sbf

Connect your phone...

Reboot and now you'll have a new radio!
But.... I can't extract from my phone, only if we have a sbf.. :-( (Only european users don't have any sbf...)

Sent from My Motosola....

Last edited:

mat_pav

Reaction score
How do you know witch radio is installed? Do you think changing radio will get rid of the mute call problem?

Last edited:

mikkuss

Reaction score
Okay, this is what i needed now. I will try to change radio using same verizon as you used, but i want to ask, did u suceed? Radio GSM 2G Signal is better?

//Edit: Tried flashing with sbf_flash --bpsw from 2.2 ita sbf and 2.26.20 verizon sbf. No change in baseband info - still N_01.08.00.26P.
I will test it further in low-singal places and give feedback.

Greetings

///Edit2: You said that sbf_flash cannot rewrite radio... Now i will try to flash 2.2ITA using rsdlite, then argentinian using sbf_flash, so it won't replace italian sbf's radio.

Last edited:

mikkuss

Reaction score
Okay, this is what i needed now. I will try to change radio using same verizon as you used, but i want to ask, did u suceed? Radio GSM 2G Signal is better?

//Edit: Tried flashing with sbf_flash --bpsw from 2.2 ita sbf and 2.26.20 verizon sbf. No change in baseband info - still N_01.08.00.26P.
I will test it further in low-singal places and give feedback.

Greetings

///Edit2: You said that sbf_flash cannot rewrite radio... Now i will try to flash 2.2ITA using rsdlite, then argentinian using sbf_flash, so it won't replace italian sbf's radio.

HOLY **** MAN!! This works!!! Now i have N_01.1B.03R!! Thanks a lot! Now i have full 2g signal, you are the best man!

Last edited: