Gingerbread on Droid Pro with Unlocked Froyo Radio

dettofatto

Reaction score
Can you add also my European froyo kernel with my nandroid backup? Also in this backup you can preserve your band unlock... Really i've seen that the best rom is the European froyo... (but I don't know if you can connect in cdma...)

nnaveaa

Reaction score
Update Successful

I got my Pro running 4.7.3 last night. Thank you to all of you guys who continue to work on it and post your backups, etc. I do really like the design of this phone, hopefully the update keeps this phone usable.

OP
N

ngtwolf

Reaction score
Can you add also my European froyo kernel with my nandroid backup? Also in this backup you can preserve your band unlock... Really i've seen that the best rom is the European froyo... (but I don't know if you can connect in cdma...)

Absolutely, but I don't see your nandroid backup. I did link your kernel, but if you give me the link to the backup I'll add it.

OP
N

ngtwolf

Reaction score

Updated both here and xda... let me know if I screwed anything up or should change anything... I had made my own 4.7.3 backup that i'm using, but decided to post your and JohnS's backups instead so hopefully the instructions are still applicable to everything.

dettofatto

Reaction score
Updated both here and xda... let me know if I screwed anything up or should change anything... I had made my own 4.7.3 backup that i'm using, but decided to post your and JohnS's backups instead so hopefully the instructions are still applicable to everything.
Thank You!
This is my new link for european backup... Sorry...
XT610 Europa Original backup.rar

dettofatto

Reaction score
I've made a kernel and backup from official Argentinian gingerbread 2.3.6 for putting this rom in our device. Before i've flashed (with sbf_flash under linux knoppix live cd) my verizon/american droid with argentinia 2.3.6 sbf, then i've applied the root and then i've done the backup... But I've bootloader error when i'm trying to restore my 2.2 backup and kernel... The Argentinian sbf have a locked bootloader (for now only argentinian 2.3.6, and american 2.3.4), and so I think that in all phones without lock bootloader, this trick go ok!
I think that this modified kernel don't lock your bootloader, but flashing your phone with that rom will lock your bootloader...
You can try.. I've installed american backup on my verizon droid with sbf 2.3.6 argentinian flashed, without any issues...
And so I think that you can install this backup without changing your kernel...

- Argentinian Backup 2.3.6 GB: Ar2.3.6Or.7z

Last edited:

jago25_98

Reaction score
Suggest adding to

7)

the filename, which is 4.7.3.XT610.Verizon.en.US.zip

and for

6)

the filename is 1-PRO-473-kernel.zip

In case mirrors go down...

mortimermax

Reaction score
If I'm already on a GB rom with CWM access, can i just do steps 7 and 9? I'm thinking no, but based on "eventual support" for gingerbread kernels on the original TBH thread, thought it was worth asking.

Second question, is anyone using the 4.7.3 kernel and clockwork backup with CM7 by jackpotclavin on top? Should this be 3.8.4 instead?

Last question. If I make my own nandroid backup of my CM7 install right now, when I get to the step about installing the custom rom, do i select advanced restore or will full work? If advanced, which things must i restore? /data/ /system/?

7) While in recovery mode, and without rebooting at all:
...a) Wipe Data
...b) Install Radio Unlock
...c) Install Kernel
...d) Restore Clockworkmod backup (you should have extracted the clockworkmod zip so the folder is located on your sdcard at [clockworkmod\backup\...] folder (with the system.img and other images under that folder))

Last edited:

mortimermax

Reaction score
Eh, I think I've got it. Just need to wait til tonight when I have my AT&T SIM to see if it's all working.

mortimermax

Reaction score
No luck. I have sbf'd back to 2.26.2 a few times and my baseband version is N_01.81.00R without yet doing anything other than the SBF. My understanding is this is too new for the baseband unlock files linked in first post. How do I roll this back, I thought 2.26.2 should do this for me?

JohnS

Reaction score
No luck. I have sbf'd back to 2.26.2 a few times and my baseband version is N_01.81.00R without yet doing anything other than the SBF. My understanding is this is too new for the baseband unlock files linked in first post. How do I roll this back, I thought 2.26.2 should do this for me?

SBF back to 2.26.2 has always reset the baseband to N_01.53 on mine.

_lurker

Reaction score
SBF is not gonna roll back the baseband for you if you use sbf_flash. Use Motorola's Windoze tool, whatever it's called.

mortimermax

Reaction score
SBF is not gonna roll back the baseband for you if you use sbf_flash. Use Motorola's Windoze tool, whatever it's called.

Ah, I had no idea. I assumed SBF flashed everything back to stock. If anyone knows the name of the tool Lurker is referencing please let me know.

**Edit** Do you mean RSD Lite? I didn't remember that would flash sbf files, but I guess I can give it a try if that will help restore my old baseband.

Last edited:

mortimermax

Reaction score
Sure enough, RSD Lite restores the old radio files where sbf_flash did not. Took me awhile to get RSD Lite working, but once it did I was good to go.