[ROM] 2.3.4 Usa/Ita Deodexed from standard 2.3.4 Verizon...

OP
dettofatto

dettofatto

Reaction score
It is very strange...
But copy your original build.prop (from2.3.4) with rootexplorer, set permission to rw-r-r, then reboot...
It is only build.prop related...
Set into airplane mode for doing it!

Sent from My Motosola....

Last edited:

r3j2

Reaction score
Ok, I will give it a shot doing what you've told me. I made a copy of the build.prop from my stock 2.3.4 version and put it on my sd card. I'll also put my phone into airplane mode from the start, and see if that will smooth things over. I really hope this works!

EDIT: Rootexplorer says that I cannot paste my build.prop because there is not enough free space. I am editing yours to see if changing the default mode to cdma will fix things.

Last edited:

r3j2

Reaction score
It worked! ROM Toolbox was able to copy the build.prop over and now I have signal! Wonderful!

EDIT: For anyone else who is on Verizon, the only mode that will work for me is the GSM/CDMA auto (PRL) one.

Last edited:
OP
dettofatto

dettofatto

Reaction score
See also on xda... I've added a patch for reboot option on power menù...!

r3j2

Reaction score
Yes, I definitely do. It's the right mix of stability and features for our phone. Everything works: Flash, Hulu Plus, and video recording were things that I really missed. Plus, I definitely find battery life and signal strength to be better. And I get all those things with as little of the Blur interface as possible. The only thing I really miss right now is the notification power control widget from cyanogenmod. Great work, honestly. Is there a way for you to make this into a zip and have it be a flashable rom?

EDIT: Oh, one more thing: Is there an option to have the onscreen keyboard auto-hide when the phone is in portrait mode?

OP
dettofatto

dettofatto

Reaction score
I suggest you smartkeyboard..
It's not free, but it is perfect...!
I've removed the standard keyboard.
For the Widgets on the status bar, I'm thinking about, but for now I'm using widgetsoid.
Also for the rom.zip. I've tried, without success.
My next steps are the .zip, improve leds, and screenshot on the power menù...
I'm studying about.
Thank you!

Last edited:

r3j2

Reaction score
Great work! I like your plan. I think I will hold off on trying out another build until I can flash it. That will make it a lot easier for me to keep my apps and settings.

OP
dettofatto

dettofatto

Reaction score
For american users that want global network or cdma menu with global option:

For renabling:
download data_property_cdma_persistradio.zip, put this folder (overwrite) under /data , set all permission to rw-r-r (folder and files)
download USAbuild.prop and replace your build.prop (if you have american 2.3.4) with this. set permission to rw-r-r
reboot into clockwordmod
wipe all data
reboot

Last edited:

enlight22

Reaction score
This rom rocks.. only thing it needs that I. Can't live without is the framework.jar mod for voluume rocker next and previous music track control. Without thati can't keep this rom :-( also smart keyboard rocks. Nice work

r3j2

Reaction score
dettofatto, do you know of a way to upgrade your build without losing all of my settings and apps? I remember reading on your xda thread that you can attempt to just restore system, but that it is dangerous. Any ideas?

OP
dettofatto

dettofatto

Reaction score
dettofatto, do you know of a way to upgrade your build without losing all of my settings and apps? I remember reading on your xda thread that you can attempt to just restore system, but that it is dangerous. Any ideas?

No... I don't suggest you this method...
Only titanium backup...
I'm sorry....

r3j2

Reaction score
No worries, just wanted to make sure. Thanks for all your hard work!