Can 5.5.893 be flashed if Kernel and Radio were updated to .894?

xmguy

Reaction score
I'm trying to avoid having to get another replacement Bionic. I was provided the (what I thought was) 5.5.893 update. Instead it ended up being the 5.5.894 or 5.7.894 what ever the number. My Kernel and Radio are on this version. Now the update (finally) took. But even with 4ever root the Superuser.apk was messing up. I would start the app and it would run for a second or two before closing or FCing. I tried everything I knew to try. I wanted to replace the Superuser.apk file. But before I could the Superuser.apk stopped working alltogether. So I was forced to try and revert to 5.5.886. However this did get me back. But since the radio and kernel are on .894 and the system on .886 I can't seem to beable to apply the actual 5.5.893 OTA. Is there a way, a file I can get that will flash the ENTIRE phone to the OTA. Now ofcourse I need root prior I know. That is if I want to keep it. Is this possible? Help!

MikeFouts

Reaction score
I updated it to .893 and then forever rooted and now i cant update the #su binary without it FClosing

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
xmguy

xmguy

Reaction score
I updated it to .893 and then forever rooted and now i cant update the #su binary without it FClosing

That was one of the issues I had too. I got it working (on what FW version I'm unsure). The Superuser.apk would run. But tell me my SU Binaries were out-of-date. I'd try and update and it would fail then FC. At this rate I'm almost ready to STAY on .886 (for some unknown reason).

I don't get the OTA update message when I restored my nandroid backup. Nothing was modified to prevent it. It just never came up. Yeah it has loads of bugs. But these last few days were hell trying to get all this to work. Then end up failing. I guess what they say is right. If it can go wrong it probably will.

I just hope the DEVS get a .893/901 what ever version root app and a proper FXZ img.

MikeFouts

Reaction score
Exact same problem i have now.

OP
xmguy

xmguy

Reaction score
Exact same problem i have now.

I'm just gonna get the replacement tomorrow. Then if for some reason I get the OTA offer. I'm gonna reject it until I know of a better way to ensure root will work 100%.

This whole process with rooting prior and updating has been a crap shoot!

collins.drums

Reaction score
Have you guys tried downloading the su update fixer from the market? Just thought I would ask....Works for me. Open it, click fix, allow su permission and it will force close, but should be able to update su after...I hope this is all you need to fix. Good luck.

Sent from my XT875 using Tapatalk

OP
xmguy

xmguy

Reaction score
Have you guys tried downloading the su update fixer from the market? Just thought I would ask....Works for me. Open it, click fix, allow su permission and it will force close, but should be able to update su after...I hope this is all you need to fix. Good luck.

Sent from my XT875 using Tapatalk

Tried that MANY times. I couldn't get the Superuser app to run. So no NEW SU apps would be accepted. I've got a replacement Bionic today. Still on 886. I'm staying for the time being!