My wife told me to choose a new phone or she is going to throw out my nexus!

fantom557

Reaction score
so my wife says all i do is play with my nexus said to me when you had iphone u did not play with phone as much. I said you are correct the iphone is plain and old news its like the blackberry of today. The droid is fun and i can do much more then just add apps. We got into big argument over this and that because i like to play with my phone and i dont give her the same attention so i just went into her closet took out her ipad 2 iphone 4s and macbook and she has a mackpro and i said u have all day to play and u dont work she is a house wife and live a easy life and so on 2 housekeepers and you have the balls to tell me what to do when i want to have some fun. I just started to laugh and make fun of her and so on. We have a great marriage so not worried about her leaving me or finding anyone else, as of today i still have my nexus. i do agree with her i do spend more time on the android phones then i did with apple phone or blackberry i guess its an addiction of always trying to make it better. in this is still running stock i did not root because i just dont get any benifit from it. If i rooted this phone omg i would be dead i think. anyway just wanted to share a funny story with you all.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hopefully that was all pretty light-hearted and your marriage is great as you say... but be careful and don't make her feel like you take her for granted ;)

xDMONEYx

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Huawei Nexus 6P
Twitter
bentxnail
Ha ha, I have been there, with other electronic devices. My one ex-girlfriend, whom I was practically married to, HATED when I first jailbroke my 1st gen iPod touch. I spent so much time messing with that, she got so annoyed. Eventually I did give into her will and cut back on the fidgeting. Our relationship did not end because of electronic devices, before anyone asks! :p I can't help it that I love tinkering with electronics, and I fear this could be an issue with future relationships!

VingInMedina

Reaction score
Well, look at it this way -- in 20 years I really doubt that you will look back and say, "Gee, I wish I would have spent more time playing with my phone." But, it wouldn't surprise me if you did find yourself wishing you actually had spent more time with your wife.

Oh, and never, ever, tell a "house wife" that she doesn't work. It will always end badly.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Time to pack up your bags and leave to start a new life with your Nexus :D

OP
F

fantom557

Reaction score
Well, look at it this way -- in 20 years I really doubt that you will look back and say, "Gee, I wish I would have spent more time playing with my phone." But, it wouldn't surprise me if you did find yourself wishing you actually had spent more time with your wife.

Oh, and never, ever, tell a "house wife" that she doesn't work. It will always end badly.

We are beyond that in our life been there done that. she knows its what i love to do besides run my business and golf and what ever gadget comes out.

OP
F

fantom557

Reaction score
Tell her to leave you alone or you will trade her in for someone younger! ;)
She is the younger one first wife on lasted 6 years until i burnt her out but the good part is she lives down the block with my daughter in a home that i built for her. i live up the block in a new home i built for the current wife. 1 big happy family lol

OP
F

fantom557

Reaction score
Ha ha, I have been there, with other electronic devices. My one ex-girlfriend, whom I was practically married to, HATED when I first jailbroke my 1st gen iPod touch. I spent so much time messing with that, she got so annoyed. Eventually I did give into her will and cut back on the fidgeting. Our relationship did not end because of electronic devices, before anyone asks! :p I can't help it that I love tinkering with electronics, and I fear this could be an issue with future relationships!
This is why i did not go the root way yet i will be DOA!

LuvMusic

Reaction score
My solution......I got my wife a Nexus too! It was time for her to get an upgrade and she picked a Nexus. She could have had any phone she wanted but she said the clean look of the screen and menus sold her (she didn't like all the bloatware...too confusing).

Anyway, is she going to root, apply custom themes or any of the other "geeky" stuff......nope. But she found Word Find in the app store and thinks the phone is fantastic.

No more discussions about spending time messing around...she's right in there with us (me and my sons).

captdroid

Reaction score
Girlfriend loves the Gnex I bought her :) She has no problem my phone tinkering... she usually benefits from it since I usually test new things before firing them up on her phone :p

MTsang

Reaction score
I can totally relate, I play with my Nexus so much my husband is so sick of it. I have also try out the iphone but I just don't feel any excitement over it. My Nexus can offer so much more! I couldn't barely put it down, love it! I literally sleep with it. Anyway, thanks for sharing your funny story!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums