My Nexus is boring

richcsr

Reaction score
My 15 year niece played with my Nexus for about 5 minutes and said it was boring. I have to admit its true. My main home screen does not have active widgets and the others have plain shortcuts.

Can anyone recommend how to make my phone exciting and become her favorite uncle again?

comk4ver

Reaction score
A Live interactive wallpaper, replace your launcher then throw s theme maybe the tron legacy idk if did had it yet but an animated screen saver/lock screen.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

alboboy10

Reaction score
Live wallpaper makes my phone lag a lot. Not normal for a dual core

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
At least your 15 year old niece knew not to mess with any settings or anything.

I let my 3yr old nephew play with it and I ended up having a bunch of shooting games on it by the time I got it back 2 hours later. Let my 3yr old niece watched tv on it yesterday (I have a slingbox) and she said "Daddy, can I have one?" :D

nadav64

Reaction score

Like I have always said this phone is absolutely slow.
I don't know if it's the os or the hardware but something is very wrong.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C

These (below) dont cause any lag at all. BTW, the Bionic lags from certain live wallpapers too so I'm guessing it has to do with the wallpapers themselves?

1. Phase beam
2. Digital Rain
3. Solar Winds
4. Luna Stream
5. Black hole
6. Pixel Rain
7. Sparkies
8. Mystic Halo
9. Crazy Colors
10. Rays of light
11. Vortex Galaxy
12. Nexus revamped
13. Aquarium free
14. Matrix LWP

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C

Why on earth do you still have the Nexus? Sell it and be done! Or just keep it and be unhappy? :blink:

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Lord,why do they test me?Do I have to put my hands on my hip,roll my eyes(like Twan),again?"LET ME TELL YOU SOMETHING MR.RICHCSR!!!", :p

pyro6128

Reaction score

It might just be your phone. Maybe you should try running a rom to see if that helps. I started using black ice aokp, with a matrix digital rain live wallpaper and my phone never lags. My friends comment on how fast it is all the time (one has an iphone). I would def check it out if I were you.

And to the boring part, you guys need to embrace the nexus and throw a rom on it or start customizing stuff. I have glowing blue soft buttons, 8 apps on the lock screen for quick navigation, matrix live wallpaper and a bunch of other cool eye candy. The word boring has never come up when someone has used my phone. Theres tons of cool things out there for this phone that can spruce it up. Just know that it gets addicting DancingNexus

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
It might just be your phone. Maybe you should try running a rom to see if that helps. I started using black ice aokp, with a matrix digital rain live wallpaper and my phone never lags. My friends comment on how fast it is all the time (one has an iphone). I would def check it out if I were you.

And to the boring part, you guys need to embrace the nexus and throw a rom on it or start customizing stuff. I have glowing blue soft buttons, 8 apps on the lock screen for quick navigation, matrix live wallpaper and a bunch of other cool eye candy. The word boring has never come up when someone has used my phone. Theres tons of cool things out there for this phone that can spruce it up. Just know that it gets addicting DancingNexus
Pyro we've suggested anything and everything to him already. He had a couple threads awhile back saying that his nexus was slow and laggy when it ran perfectly fine, yet he insists it's just his phone. IIRC, he got his phone over a retailer and it isn't easy to return, so he lives with it and gripes every now and then.

pool_shark

Reaction score
I use various live wallpapers, they don't slow down my phone at all.

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Pyro we've suggested anything and everything to him already. He had a couple threads awhile back saying that his nexus was slow and laggy when it ran perfectly fine, yet he insists it's just his phone. IIRC, he got his phone over a retailer and it isn't easy to return, so he lives with it and gripes every now and then.
The phones not boring,he's bored,so he gets on here and starts a thread like this,and then leaves. :blink:

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
The phones not boring,he's bored,so he gets on here and starts a thread like this,and then leaves. :blink:
Oh no I was talking about nadav. The OP is just trying to impress his niece again with making his phone look cool.

GoBears

Reaction score
Just let her play with an iDevice so she can see what "boring" really is. She'll be begging to play with the Nexus.