My Verizon store will NOT have them available when they open tomorrow.

Elkay

Reaction score
Just called them to get the scoop on tomorrow. They already received their boxes of shipments for the day and the Droid X's were NOT in the shipment. This means it will be at least early afternoon tomorrow before the next boxes get delivered, and they said there's still no guarantee the X's will be in that shipment.

This is the Torrington, CT store.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just called them to get the scoop on tomorrow. They already received their boxes of shipments for the day and the Droid X's were NOT in the shipment. This means it will be at least early afternoon tomorrow before the next boxes get delivered, and they said there's still no guarantee the X's will be in that shipment.

Then order it on line. At least you'll know one is on the way.

I'm pretty certain this is not going to be like the Incredible.

iSpyder

Reaction score
Not trying to rub anything in but this might make you feel a little better also.

My town has 3 Best Buy Mobiles and only 11 DXs total are arriving there tomorrow. And my Verizon store near me said they wont be getting any until Friday. So all i can hope is that not all of the DXs are sold out at Best Buy, if im planning to get one tomorrow.

Seano

Reaction score

i shall be ordering online. does anyone know if they go up at midnight EST or will it be PST?

uddin94

Reaction score
The Pc richards next door ordered 45 droid x but got 100, my cousin works there so I know they should have. So anyone who lives in NYC should go there instead of going to their local Verizon store just to see it sold out. The stores in Steinway Queens.

OP
E

Elkay

Reaction score
My store had just under 20 pre-orders and said they ordered 22.

dbigdawg

Reaction score

i shall be ordering online. does anyone know if they go up at midnight EST or will it be PST?

My understanding is that they are available at midnight local time based upon your zip code. Don't know if that is true but we will know in 8 hours!

jaysonstaurt

Reaction score
Isn't Walmart selling them at launch? If that's the case one would think you could go down there at midnight and pick one up.

dangerous

Reaction score

They may not have told you the whole truth.
the Shipment "Today" of "for the Day" did not have any X's in the shipment. They probably got their shipment last week as most VZW Stores did.

OP
E

Elkay

Reaction score

They may not have told you the whole truth.
the Shipment "Today" of "for the Day" did not have any X's in the shipment. They probably got their shipment last week as most VZW Stores did.

Nope. Been checking with them every couple days, and it's a "friendly" store and they have no reason to be dishonest about it. They have about 20 people on a waiting list that are the first ones to get the devices as they come in.

I called a store that's close to where I work as a backup, where they said they aren't taking pre-orders and it will be first-come, first serve. Prior, they were actually kind dick-ish toward me and told me if I didn't want to play the FCFS game, to walk down the walkway and sign up with Sprint instead. Yep, they said that! Anyway, just got off the phone with a different rep there and he said they got about 40 in today and that since I was a new customer switching over from AT&T that he'd get me all set up for tomorrow morning. Took all my info, got my credit check done, and said to just look for him tomorrow morning first thing and he'd make sure I got one of them.

Orio

Reaction score
Not trying to rub anything in but this might make you feel a little better also.

My town has 3 Best Buy Mobiles and only 11 DXs total are arriving there tomorrow. And my Verizon store near me said they wont be getting any until Friday. So all i can hope is that not all of the DXs are sold out at Best Buy, if im planning to get one tomorrow.

Good luck... My Best Buy had 12 pre orders...but only got 8 DX's...I was #7 thankfully !! :)

OP
E

Elkay

Reaction score
Got mine at the Waterbury store. They got 40-50 in and when the doors opened at 10 there were about 25-30 people in line. I was the first in line by about 3 minutes at 9am. :)

coffeeguzzler

Reaction score
Why not go online, then?

If I were you, I'd probably go to Bing.com and then wirefly.com; as long as you'll have to wait a day, anyway, you might as well save some money!!