Sooo pumped for tomorrow! What are your plans to ensure you get your hands on a X?

anratliff

Reaction score
So, I talked to my local corporate store this morning. I was told that they are opening at 8 am (an hour earlier than normal for Droid X customers only). She advised me to get there around 7:30 am to ensure a place in line but I'll probably get there at 7 am or a little earlier to be on the safe side. The lady said they only had 60 in stock but would be taking orders when they ran out. Those who have to order will hopefully have their phones by Saturday.

I'm not normally one to go gaga over new phone or any other electronic device for that matter but I was really duped into buying my blackberry and it hasn't lived up to a single expectation I had for it (always freezing, slow, dropping calls, constant battery pulls, general annoyance). I've never had an Android phone before and my blackberry was my first smartphone so I'm super excited. It will also be my first all-touch phone. I know its going to have a learning curve but hopefully it'll be exactly what I need.

So, is anyone else lining up early tomorrow to get their X? Hehe.

hendrix

Reaction score
My store opens at normal time as far as i know (going to call today and make sure that is still their plan). Will probably show up about 30 minutes before they open.

wa2ddl

Reaction score
on an island off the Florida coast (Hutchinson)
I am #6 on the list for the DX tomorrow. I had a BB storm for the last year and can't stand it. Even with the upgraded software, it hangs and batt pulls were constant.

When I get the droid x, the storm goes in the drink. I'll video it using the droid and replay it for hours of uninterrupted enjoyment.

armalite

Reaction score
I went to the main store in my area and they said they will open at 10:00 am their usual time and they have 40 in stock as of now but none for display until tomorrow.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
lol, you'd think the way you guys talk that this is as big as the iPhone. I've heard both that it will be very available and also that there may be shortages. I think that they will have plenty on hand.

hailtothetheif83

Reaction score
Thankfully I have a buddy that works at my VZW corp. store and he is setting one aside for me tomorrow. Store here opens at 7am and almost have 100 people reserved to get theirs!!! Going to be a busy day at VZW tomorrow will be there bright and early

Also told me his store got over 100 and they are being refreshed with another shipment during the day tomorrow probably around 12 noon he said with an additional 100 units

OP
A

anratliff

Reaction score
I'm only this excited and this worried because I'm without a phone at the moment... stupid blackberry crapped out on me... *grumble grumble* I need a phone and I might as well try and get the one I want right? LOL.

plumcrazy

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
the girl at the vzw store is gonna put one aside for me before they open at 10am, i will get there around lunchtime.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
walk into best buy, give them moneys, and take the droid x (with force if need-be).

or something along those lines

jaisin

Reaction score
I got my call tonight.. oh heck yah,, but the krappy thing is I have to wait till after work, Booo which is around 5pm.. The bonus part is Ill be down town chicago delivering bathroom trailers to the Transformers 3 set,, yes they are going to blow up everything on Michigan Ave..

I still want to call off work tho... DROID X BABY!!!!!!!!!!dancedroid

darreno1

Reaction score
Yeah I can't wait till tomorrow. Just a few years back, you'd never see me even remotely excited about a phone. I had a flip phone and palm pda back then, lol.

re410

Reaction score
I'm going to wait 18 months 'till my current contract expires, then buy whatever is the best model at that time.

Steeeler

Reaction score
I'm going to wait 18 months 'till my current contract expires, then buy whatever is the best model at that time.

That's funny!

I'm with you. I just have one more thing that I'm going to do........ flash another Rom. Why? Cause I can.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

sloppy

Reaction score
They are taking appointments here and from what I have heard they are all spoken for in the three stores in my area. Guess I will wait for the next flavor of the month.