Sooo pumped for tomorrow! What are your plans to ensure you get your hands on a X?

jaysonstaurt

Reaction score
Just got back from Walmart and they had no idea they aren't suppose to be selling the phones till tomorrow.

So I paid for one, and calmly walked out the door! :)

jst4fun

Reaction score
Don't look like I am going to get one. I was told there was only 89 sent to the Birmingham, AL stores and I guess I was not high enough on the list to get it. Kinda ticked off! I been on the preorder list since the 25th

xjman349

Reaction score
Don't look like I am going to get one. I was told there was only 89 sent to the Birmingham, AL stores and I guess I was not high enough on the list to get it. Kinda ticked off! I been on the preorder list since the 25th

Go online and order. They are doing next day shipping for free.

cymbal

Reaction score

Any idea what time this will be? Midnight EST?

Reaction score
So, I talked to my local corporate store this morning. I was told that they are opening at 8 am (an hour earlier than normal for Droid X customers only). She advised me to get there around 7:30 am to ensure a place in line but I'll probably get there at 7 am or a little earlier to be on the safe side. The lady said they only had 60 in stock but would be taking orders when they ran out. Those who have to order will hopefully have their phones by Saturday.

I'm not normally one to go gaga over new phone or any other electronic device for that matter but I was really duped into buying my blackberry and it hasn't lived up to a single expectation I had for it (always freezing, slow, dropping calls, constant battery pulls, general annoyance). I've never had an Android phone before and my blackberry was my first smartphone so I'm super excited. It will also be my first all-touch phone. I know its going to have a learning curve but hopefully it'll be exactly what I need.

So, is anyone else lining up early tomorrow to get their X? Hehe.

I am getting there 1 hour early... should be enough. This isnt the iPhone here. (although I think we unanimously agree it IS better)

Reaction score
I just ordered mine online through My Business account (looks like they made them available early!)

Free overnight shipping, and I only paid $95 for the phone after all my incentives and discounts. Of course, I already luckily have a Demo in my hands, so I am super spoiled!

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Any idea what time this will be? Midnight EST?

yep but theres already reports of them being up but i cant see it..

impulse630

Reaction score
Tonight I stopped by the local(ish) corporate store that promised to call me 5 minutes before opening on Thursday to take payment over the phone. I talked to the very-enthusiastic salesman who asked if he could make both of our lives easier by charging my Verizon account for the phone instead of calling for my cc#. I agreed, and he also brought out the accessories to show me.

I've got my X, the dock, the hdmi cord, and a 32gb memory card waiting for me. He and his manager weren't 100% sure if the memory card was in stock or not, but he promised that if it wasn't in stock, he'd order it to be shipped to me free at the $100 promo price which is AWESOME. He said he also thought i'd get a 20% discount on the hdmi cord and the dock, but wasn't sure since he couldn't ring them up yet.

Either way, he said that once the computer would accept the sale, he'd ring it up and charge it to my VZW account, and i could stop in anytime tomorrow to pick it up. He said it'd be all bagged up w/ my name so i'd just have to walk in and be handed the bag and walk out again.

They had done a nice job getting the store ready for the X - they had a display nearly up to show off the hdmi out on a HD tv, and he had the sample one ready to go on display. He also kept flashing his personal X around. It was kind of cool to find a sales-guy who was as psyched about the X as i am, and even cooler to find one who was willing to go out of the way to make me a happy customer. It's sad that after calling 8 different area stores, only one was willing to do anything other than tell me to be there when they open.

I CAN'T WAIT to pick up my new Droid X at lunch tomorrow!!!

Reaction score
It was kind of cool to find a sales-guy who was as psyched about the X as i am, and even cooler to find one who was willing to go out of the way to make me a happy customer.

That is a GREAT story...

Since I order our Verizon phones, I started chatting with my Account Rep a few weeks ago about the phone. Early last week, I got an email for approval of a "Demo" phone. I logged in and approved it. By the time I had done that, my Account Rep had emailed me saying that she pulled strings and got me a X Demo a week before it was available! I have been happily playing for the past week with the phone due to her nice gesture.

Motorola, and more importantly Verizon needs to really do this launch right. Apple fanboys and reviewers alike are pretty fed up with the iPhone 4 issues and perhaps Android, Motorola, and Verizon can pounce at the opportunity and maybe even make a significant dent in Apple's market share on smartphones.