Best Place to get the X?

terpsnation

Reaction score
Hey guys,

New here. X is going to be my first Droid. Saw it in a Verizon store a few days ago and fell in love...Unfortunately I decided to wait until Saturday to order it, meaning that I'm listed as "shipping by July 27th."

The reason I'm getting a new phone is due to my old one not being in working condition when its not plugged into an outlet. I ordered the X over the phone for $199 with a $100 instant rebate...I have an upgrade available (obviously from the price) but I was wondering if I should cancel my order and try to get it somewhere else online.

I see that Walmart has it online (and in stock) for $149.99. Is this the exact same product (and plan) I'm getting from Verizon, just for $50 bucks cheaper? I've never ordered a phone from anyone other than Verizon before, so I'm sort of worried that I'm going to do something wrong and end up with an extra line, or extra charges etc that I don't particularly want to be stuck with.

Soooo yeah, I guess my post is kind of convoluted. Should I check out my local Walmarts to see if they have any in stock? And if so, can they do the exact same thing that a Verizon store (or Verizon on the phone) did for me. I just want to upgrade my phone, have the exact same plan (plus the $30/month data fee) etc etc.

Thanks for any help. Sorry about the long message :p

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Never bought from a third party retailer but if you want to get the best chance of having the least customer service/repair issues, your best bet is Verizon.

OP
T

terpsnation

Reaction score
Never bought from a third party retailer but if you want to get the best chance of having the least customer service/repair issues, your best bet is Verizon.
Ooooh. So if you buy it from a 3rd party retailer, but then it breaks and you take it to a Verizon store, they won't help you out (for free)?

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Not sure but it's probably a better bet to buy from Verizon. Maybe someone who has a walmart experience can say something.