my theory on my quick battery drain...

Reaction score
well i just put in a fully charged battery (i bought the extra battery that comes with the external charger), and it's reading "95%" on the phone under battery settings. i don't think this phone is reading battery life properly and that may be what's causing the battery life i'm getting. if true this should be cured by an update. :D

which also make me suspect about any signal strength readings this phone has to give either......

wait for the update, rather than walking around all day with two 4g phones testing signal strength :icon_eek: lol

blackterry

Reaction score
well i just put in a fully charged battery (i bought the extra battery that comes with the external charger), and it's reading "95%" on the phone under battery settings. i don't think this phone is reading battery life properly and that may be what's causing the battery life i'm getting. if true this should be cured by an update. :D

which also make me suspect about any signal strength readings this phone has to give either......

wait for the update, rather than walking around all day with two 4g phones testing signal strength :icon_eek: lol

I hear you... but if that were the case why is my phone shutting down when 0% battery instead of continuing to operate and when the signal strength reads low why does everything go digitized just before dropping the call instead of still being connected... Hmmm

OP
GalaxyFlatulence
Reaction score
I hear you... but if that were the case why is my phone shutting down when 0% battery instead of continuing to operate and when the signal strength reads low why does everything go digitized just before dropping the call instead of still being connected... Hmmm

can your battery read "0%"? :icon_eek:

the signal issues i've had are network related. i say that because my buddy has had the same exact issues with his bionic in another part of the country. (i.e. all signal bars disappear, slow web browser speeds, etc.)

blackterry

Reaction score
Haha !! 0%.. I'll let you know in about 15 min... :p

So if the call being dropped is network related that means it really wasn't dropped ??

OP
GalaxyFlatulence
Reaction score
Haha !! 0%.. I'll let you know in about 15 min... :p

So if the call being dropped is network related that means it really wasn't dropped ??

lol no the call is still dropped. it basically means it's verizon's fault. they've been screwing up a lot lately. they've had several nation wide 4g outages since the bionic's release. it's a new network, but they kinda rushed it and really need to get their act together :D

OP
GalaxyFlatulence
Reaction score
I get better life out of the Nexus than my Bionic. I have no complaints.

not me. my bionic had better life, especially with the extended battery. don't get me wrong, i'm glad i dumped the bionic. the battery life was about the only positive about it lol

Htown315

Reaction score
From my experience my nexus has less talk time than other phones I've seen/used. Voice calls use way too much power I just hope its fixed soon. Other than that I'm very happy.

PhishyKris

Reaction score
let's talk about battery issues. The TBlot and HTC (phones which I loved) would never report the correct % remaining. to top THAT off has anyone here had the pleasure of a reboot on DINC or TB that would east 15% of your batt?!? happened to me all the time and I can say that the GN does not suffer from that.

I own a Mophie Power Station (400mAh) and have another 9900mAh thing on the way. I do a lot of testing for work and have always had external batts around.