Serious Battery Drain...HELP!

prey

Reaction score
seems like my battery drain quickly too.. According to the battery screen.. My "screen" is using up a all the battery.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

lagos777

Reaction score
Turn off push notification. Its a huge batterry drain if you recieve lots of emails. Turn it to on demand

droid958

Reaction score
My Nexus has always been pretty good on battery life, but in the last week it started dying quickly very quickly. I checked what was using the battery so much and found that it was the exchange app pinging the mail servers constantly for my hotmail account and my Microsoft server email account. My phone showed that the exchange app was using 50% of the battery. I found several people on the web with the same problem and they said delete and reinstall the mail accounts. I did that and it fixed the problem. Now the exchange app is using only 2 to 4 percent again.

prey

Reaction score
I use k9 email.. I looked, but not sure how to figure out how to turn off push notifications... and really not Exactly sure what push does compared to the alternative.

any ideas?

droid958

Reaction score
I use k9 email.. I looked, but not sure how to figure out how to turn off push notifications... and really not Exactly sure what push does compared to the alternative.

any ideas?

My email was always set up push and didn't drain the battery. It's some sort of error happening that fixes itself when you delete the accounts and set then back up in exchange or corporate on the nexus. Mine was fixed after deleting and reinstalling the mail accounts.

gufemur

Reaction score
I have a battery drain that I tracked down to the google exchange software and google email software (not gmail). If I use titanium backup and freeze those two apps, I can get about 15 hours out of a single charge with normal usage. If those apps are not frozen, I use better battery stats and can see that the com.android.google.email wakes my phone NONSTOP!!!! like 1500 times in a 2 hour period. With those two process active, I get 5 hours tops out of my battery and that's with little usage. It would drain even when I turned push email to off. I need a fix for the exchange email though because I need it for work. Hopefully this gets fixed in an update.