My first impressions of 4.0.4

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
After the update Elixer can now finally clear my cache properly. So, I setup Elixer with a cache cleaning shortcut, that is accessible in my dropdown menu. When using 4.02 Elixer would claim to clean my cache, but never would. I would click the icon to do so just to update the other Elixer widgets when they stop updating themselves. Today while on 4.04 I clicked the button, and miraculously, the cache cleared.

I don't know if this is because of an Elixer update, or 4.04 but I am very pleased. :biggrin:

Chubbydog

Reaction score
I honestly didn't see much difference. The signal is a little better, and the battery last a little longer, but I'm still loosing signal in 4G, and it takes forever to get it back. I turned it off again, and still only using the 3G unless I'm browsing the internet.
It also seemed to lag a little more when I'm opening it up than before. Not sure if it had anything to do with the update though. I never really complained about it before, so it's not a big deal to me. I still love the phone, just didn't see much of an improvment with this update.

Greg

Reaction score
Well...this sucks! Not only did I lose about 4 hours of battery life, also nine out of ten times I go to use my phone, I have no connection. I never had this problem before. Altho I never had a strong signal, at least I had one. Also.... I have not been able to download or update any of my apps via the Play Store. I get one of two error messages.

imreddy

Reaction score
Greg said:
Well...this sucks! Not only did I lose about 4 hours of battery life, also nine out of ten times I go to use my phone, I have no connection. I never had this problem before. Altho I never had a strong signal, at least I had one. Also.... I have not been able to download or update any of my apps via the Play Store. I get one of two error messages.

My battery life sucks now.

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score

My battery life is a bit better. Instead of taking 5 minutes to go from 100% to 95% (without doing anything), it now takes 6 minutes. :biggrin:

I'm joking. There is a noticeable difference, and seems better than it was before.

Chubbydog

Reaction score

I've noticed the same thing now. My 2nd day on the update, and I unplugged it at 6am, and by noon it was completely dead. Moderate texting, no phone calls, and no internet. I can usually go till 3 or 4, and only have it down 50%. I've noticed too that when I turn it on, that I have no signal anymore. I'm only running the 3G, because my 4G didn't get fixed. Seems mine is worse after the update also. I was very happy before, and now if it continues like this, I'm gonna have to get a replacement.

WookieClaws

Reaction score

I have 3 batteries (2 standard and 1 extended)... I think I overused my extended as it only provides about 1.5 hrs of screen time before it's dead. I currently have a standard battery in and it's been going for over 9 hours (1hr 44min screen on time); I still have 26% battery left.

I am noticing some improvement but it seems to only be on the standard batteries that I wasn't using much (I was using the extended day in and day out, now I'm rotating batteries and swapping them out when one dies).