My replacement Bionic is missing a pixel. Big deal? Opinions please!

SMGriffin

Reaction score
I got my replacement Bionic today. (My other one completely lost ALL data connection, no matter what I (and the tech) tried). So it's missing a pixel. Whenever I am using an app I can see it...it's a tiny green dot toward the top. I know I know, who cares? But my OLD one didn't have this, and shouldn't my new one be "better"? What you do you peops think? Should I send it back and demand a new one???

BTW the data connection is better but still not fantastic. I went out today and lost it several times. Ugh. So annoying....

Verro84

Reaction score
If it was me I'd send it back especially if u keep noticing it i couldn't deal with it

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

billcows

Reaction score
I just got my replacement and the power button needs to be pressed really hard. No data drops but it reboots every 20 minutes or so. Do they even test these phones before they ship them

kparks

Reaction score
I got my replacement Bionic today. (My other one completely lost ALL data connection, no matter what I (and the tech) tried). So it's missing a pixel. Whenever I am using an app I can see it...it's a tiny green dot toward the top. I know I know, who cares? But my OLD one didn't have this, and shouldn't my new one be "better"? What you do you peops think? Should I send it back and demand a new one???

BTW the data connection is better but still not fantastic. I went out today and lost it several times. Ugh. So annoying....

Its not missing but dead.. They turn green or red when a pixel dies

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's up to you on whether it bothers you or not. But if you can, I'd say do it. If not, you'll be staring at it for about 1.5 years.

Tonik

Reaction score
Get then to send you another. I got a replacement that had been darn near prefect. There is no reason to accept anything less.

OP
S

SMGriffin

Reaction score
Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo who should I call? Should I go back to the store or call VZW??

LegalAmerican

Reaction score
I'd recommend writing a explanation on paper, wrapping it around a brick, and going to the VZW store....... :) for real though, that would annoy me so bad to have a dead pixel.

OP
S

SMGriffin

Reaction score
I'd recommend writing a explanation on paper, wrapping it around a brick, and going to the VZW store....... :) for real though, that would annoy me so bad to have a dead pixel.

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!! That's great. :biggrin:

So I called Verizon and told them about the little green dot and they are sending me a "new" one with their sincerest of apologies for the "messed up screen". :dry:

In the meantime, my hubby and I figured out how to manually install 901 on my old phone with ZERO data connection. Well, we were successful at the install but it didn't do squat for the data connection. *sigh*

Reaction score
The updates didn't fix the 3g/4g issue like they said it did. My friend has my old bionic and he loses 4g a lot. I got he razr still loses data but it comes right back without toggling it 20,000 times. I love it and will never look back.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

OP
S

SMGriffin

Reaction score
The updates didn't fix the 3g/4g issue like they said it did. My friend has my old bionic and he loses 4g a lot. I got he razr still loses data but it comes right back without toggling it 20,000 times. I love it and will never look back.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

The RAZR eh? I'll have to keep that in mind. I plan on pestering VZW until I have a phone that is worth the money I pay them. (And have been paying them the past 12 years.)

idk5

Reaction score
Green dot you say? That could be my old phone... Was it on the bottom in the middle?

OP
S

SMGriffin

Reaction score
Green dot you say? That could be my old phone... Was it on the bottom in the middle?

LOL, wouldn't that be funny??? No...it was up top, to the right, underneath where the 4G SHOULD be...that is if it works.