Getting Replacement Bionic, 2 questions

andreah1

Reaction score
Hi all, my current bionic is acting up pretty badly and after a fairly short call with vzw I was shocked when they said they would just send a replacement. Only wish I could have charmed them to send me something other than a bionic, not happy with it anymore. Mine has been freezing up continuous (even before ICS) and shuts off whenever it feels like it, and many other things....
Now on to my questions....one, if I do a factory reset will that wipe off any and all of my personal data from the phone? When I send it back to them I want it to be clean with no chance of my data being stolen, etc.
Two, can you suggest a back up app (even if it's only free for 30 days, etc) that I can use to back up my current phone to transfer over to the new phone? Talking about texts, app info (I know that one is iffy), and personal info. I know pics are saved on my sd card so no worries there!
You guys always are a great help, so, thanks in advance!

Tech425

Reaction score
Yes if you do a FDR though Recovery it will put the phone back to Factory.

Your contacts are saved to your Gmail account, So when you sign into your next Bionic it will update them - Also when you go into Play Store goto My Apps and all your Apps will be listed.

There is an app that can save your text messages to a/your Gmail account, but I can't remmber the name - Look on the Play Store.

I hope this helps you :biggrin:

Masterofpuppets

Reaction score
do you guys know whether or not you can do a sim swap with verizon?
my friend has the bionic and wants to upgrade to the droid 4. can she swap sim or does she need to take it to the store?

OP
A

andreah1

Reaction score
I've read somewhere that if you use the same sim card (which vzw told me I would be doing) then you don't lose texts, etc....is that true?

DoctorV

Reaction score
If you want to save text messages I have an app called SMS Backup+ that I've used before. I used it on GB but haven't tested it on ICS yet.

OP
A

andreah1

Reaction score
Thanks, it's mainly texts that I'm worried about, I know contacts will be saved (and I also have them saved thru vzw), pictures saved, etc. The apps I'm afraid about are my angry birds (lots of work there, lol) but found an angry birds backup so hoping that works, if not, oh well, life could be worse. It would be great if what I read about transferring sim cards keeps all the text info was true....then I wouldn't have to worry about anything!

Tammy2364

Reaction score
No All of your apps do not show up under my app in the play store. Some apps that I paid for I had to look up because they weren't listed in "my apps" it still said purchased so I didn't have to pay for it again. And some apps that I backed up to the sd card now says there is no data to restore. This all happened when Verizon sent me my replacement phone.

OP
A

andreah1

Reaction score
Tammy - did you just transfer over your sim card? Were your texts saved? I know with apps your data won't be saved unless you have a back up app (like I found for my angry birds, lol)! I looked on Play and all the apps I've purchased don't show either so I'll look them up when I get the new phone.