My razr m is stuck on boot

mrpontiac

Reaction score
Well I turned off my phone cause I couldn't update apps. It said invalid package. So I figured I would reboot it.Well it now is stuck. But I can get to the recovery menu. I tried to clear cache and reboot to no avail.

P

promo87

Try Holding Volume up & down plus you power button all at the same time. As soon as you see your screen flicker let all the buttons go of and then instantly press them all again. I would say if you have done correctly you will see the Boot loader menu will pop up from there I would say you can use Volume down button to get to the selection you are trying to access and, then press volume up button to make selection. Is that you're trying to do ?? :)

OP
M

mrpontiac

Reaction score
my phone got stuck while booting.I am able to get to that menu but when I tried to clear cache and reboot it didn't solve my problem. Well I did it again this time i selected fastboot. Phone did boot up but was acting funny such kept getting pop ups saying apps and processes had stopped. I got tired of hitting ok in every one so i left phone alone for a few hours. Then it seemed ok and working but still was not right. Well about 4am it decided to reboot and am currently stuck again. So I am trying to find a solution other than doing a factory reset which seems like my hope right now.

This is where it is stuck at.
15363-2eebb8c16dfc5ecc21e56c32d42500ca.jpg

P

promo87

my phone got stuck while booting.I am able to get to that menu but when I tried to clear cache and reboot it didn't solve my problem. Well I did it again this time i selected fastboot. Phone did boot up but was acting funny such kept getting pop ups saying apps and processes had stopped. I got tired of hitting ok in every one so i left phone alone for a few hours. Then it seemed ok and working but still was not right. Well about 4am it decided to reboot and am currently stuck again. So I am trying to find a solution other than doing a factory reset which seems like my hope right now.

Well, don't you think that just sounds too much weird your fixed itself ! I just ran out of option, sorry but can't suggest you anything more on this ! :(

Don Coyote

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Razr M

This is where it is stuck at.
15363-2eebb8c16dfc5ecc21e56c32d42500ca.jpg
I inherited a Razr M and added a SIM card to use it with Tracfone. Everything was working pretty well until last weekend it suddenly rebooted itself. It was stuck on the screen pictured for quite a while then finished and worked normal for maybe half an hour Then it rebooted again and would not go past that pictured point. I was able to pull up the admin menu and went through all of the options, recovery mode, quick boot, etc., but it still would always loop at the 'red eye' screen indefinitely. I attempted a factory reset from the admin screen, but it makes no difference. Is there anything i can do with this 'soft brick' besides adding the phone to a landfill?

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I inherited a Razr M and added a SIM card to use it with Tracfone. Everything was working pretty well until last weekend it suddenly rebooted itself. It was stuck on the screen pictured for quite a while then finished and worked normal for maybe half an hour Then it rebooted again and would not go past that pictured point. I was able to pull up the admin menu and went through all of the options, recovery mode, quick boot, etc., but it still would always loop at the 'red eye' screen indefinitely. I attempted a factory reset from the admin screen, but it makes no difference. Is there anything i can do with this 'soft brick' besides adding the phone to a landfill?
Download the latest fxz/sbf and reflash it back to stock.