Droid RAZR Maxx HD OTA Update - Phone Stuck in Boot Screen

jaytli

Reaction score
Today I accidentally updated my phone to the new OS, it had been downloaded on my phone for a few days and I'd kept putting it off. Now, I can't get my phone past the red M logo. I can get it to the boot menu where I can select recovery, normal, etc. and I tried clearing the cache partition but everything still gets it stuck at the red M logo on reboot. Anyone else encounter this or have advice? I have a lot of things on the phone that I really can't lose.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Welcome to the Forum.

There have been some reports of this happening with the latest OTA update. Try downloading the stock OS file and flashing it in recovery.

OP
J

jaytli

Reaction score
Where can I download the stock OS file? Thanks for the welcome.

I should add, I'm not tech savvy, is there a way to load it from my computer, or does it have to be on my SD card?

Last edited:

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
One post up

OP
J

jaytli

Reaction score
Hmm the link you posted for stock OS is different (and the file size too) than the link they suggested in the other thread. The instructions for the other file seem really long and had 3 other downloads accompanying it, any reason why?

I used an old phone to transfer the file you linked to onto my SD card. But when I'm selecting to apply update from SD card, it asks for which package to install...any guidance there?

Thanks

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
Hmm the link you posted for stock OS is different (and the file size too) than the link they suggested in the other thread. The instructions for the other file seem really long and had 3 other downloads accompanying it, any reason why?

I used an old phone to transfer the file you linked to onto my SD card. But when I'm selecting to apply update from SD card, it asks for which package to install...any guidance there?

Thanks

select/install the file i gave you if there is more than one option.