Motorola Droid, stuck at "M" logo...HELP!!!!!!!!!

Hmong_Xiong

Reaction score
Rooted Motorola Droid and i probably made a mistake on installing a rom (never had one) and now im stuck at the M and now it won't connect to my laptop...PISSEDDDDDDDDDDDDD please HELP
I've:
-took out the battery
-rebooted it
-charged it to let it turn on
-held down the power button (but the M still shows)

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Has there been any progress? As the other members said, try rebooting into recovery. If that won't work then you'll have to reflash at least recovery. We'll cross that bridge when we come to it. :)

NAU49ers

Reaction score
I am mostly a novice in the rooting. i have had my phone rooted through several roms throughout the year. all previous problems i have been able to figure out by reading this forum.
I have a OG droid and i was running CM7 RC2. i was trying to change roms and discovered i could not get into recovery to flash another rom. I tried both power + X and RM recovery.
Then i was trying to do SBFrecovery and i believe that is where something went wrong.

I am currently stuck on the M logo but can get into recovery mood. I have tried to restore but i get error code 21 and i tried the install update.zip. I dont knw what the next option is...

Last edited:

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
did you click allow update uption then click install update.zip

Reaction score
Try rsd lite but make sure you have the Motorola driver software (the one that can wipe/update the drivers) sometimes it takes me a few tries to get it to work... make sure you shut down your phone and then plug the USB to your computer and get the USB connected message... then do the drivers until rsd lite sees it :eek:

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

NAU49ers

Reaction score
yes i clicked on allow install update.

also i have tried rsd lite and got the correct drivers.

i cant get past M logo

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Try what CJM said, remove space in filename. If that still doesn't work try wiping Data/Factory Reset and reboot

NAU49ers

Reaction score
alright. i think i figure it out. through RZR recovery i was able to load a different rom i had on my sdcard. i am now up and running.