Stuck on M Logo after Kernel Flash

freeqaz

Reaction score
Alright, so I've install BB 2.1 (ere25) 0.7. Was working great. Then I put on Chevy1's 1.0 10-slot kernel. No boot, stuck at M logo. Then I tried his 5-slot kernels and another 10-slot.

Still, nothing.

So, I went back to the base ROM that I had. BB 0.7. Wiped Data/System/Cache a couple times... stuck at the M. Pulled the battery, let it sit for a while. I can access recovery, but I think I have an old SPRecovery.
This is what SPRecovery shows on the main:
Code:
Android system recovery <2e>

Patched by SirPsychoS (0.15.0)

Advice? Couldn't find a stock kernel.

OP
F

freeqaz

Reaction score
I was able to get into the OS by flashing again but without enabling everything to be restored. (advanced backup defaults)
Has the stock android theme, no accounts logged in. Going to flash the newest SPRecovery and see where that takes me.

OP
F

freeqaz

Reaction score
Code:
Android system recovery <2e>

Patched by SirPsychoS (0.99.3b)

Life is good. Time for a new flash/kernel update! Wish me luck!

OP
F

freeqaz

Reaction score
Back up to speed. Lesson learned, stay up to date with SPRecovery.

For anyone who finds this, run a restore after wiping, boot into android, flash the newest SPRecovery (there are guides, look around), then reflash your ROM/Kernel. Worked for me!

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
I prefer chevy's 5 slots. They seem safer, but idk. you choice :)

Chevy's have never played well with my phone. Also I don't care for the wasted slot on his kernels (the 125 slot, many phones have problems coming out of sleep with that setting, and it's really just not needed). Also should be noted for noobs that although Taz started the big scare about the remote possibility of more slots damaging the CPU neither he or ANYONE else has yet to be able to show any proof via code or evidence. Even on his thread(s) Chevy will tell you this and notes he has run 10-slot kernels since they came about.

OP try these (they are 5-slots though... for now):
[Release] Smoked Glass Boot *Updated 03/08* (ALL Builds/Voltages - 42 Kernels)
It's a great ROM.tar that allows you to compile kernels per choices you make (you choose your voltage and top speed). It also creates a backup for you each time, lol just in case :wink:.

Last edited: