My impressions of Bugless Beast (2.1 apps)

DessoThumbs

Reaction score
Rooted last night. Followed Matth3ws wonderful step-by-step. A little bump in the road a couple of times, but nothing I couldn't wrap my dense skull around.

Been playing w/ my "new" droid all day! and here are my impressions so far (as if anyone really gives a hoot).

Temp is running cooler for me even at 1000mhz - it used to get up to 104 after 15 mins of web browsing/vids/games. Now I've been on the phone for 45 mins, browsing/vids/etc. and it got up to 100.4F.

OMG the gallery is sooo cool. I can twirl my pic folders back and forth all day :) The way pinch zoom works on pics is nice and the way you can easily use pics for different things (wallpaper, etc.) is handled very well.

Live wallpapers are nice to look at and even my BB fan of a daughter said "nice."

5 Screens, say no more

Clock/News/Weahter widgets are awesome. The weather can be set for even my godunk town.

Use of clock/weather when docked is great (allows much dimmer setting).

Overclocking allows so much customization. I got it set to downshift when in idle and when charging. The widget even shows internal temp. Oh and you can have it downshift if your droid gets hotter than the temp. you set. Overclocked the Droid seems to be much "punchier" and the app drawer flies up and down. Apps load faster and scrolling around in browser windows is even smoother (never had a problem w/ that though).

The new soft keyboard is a fine addition; much less mistakes when typing than before.

Voice to text in all text boxes.

Pinch to Zoome everywhere it seems. Never thought that I'd care for that, but it's nice to zoom to exactly the level that works for your window instead of Out or In.

Music player is much improved. My zune 30 is now officially retired.

Smoked Glass looks awesome.

Carry on fine droiders....

Last edited:

RoLa

Reaction score
"Rooted last night. Followed Matth3ws wonderful step-by-step".:)Congrats on Rooting! It's pretty simple huh? With the guide and all. I applied the smoked glass theme patcher update from Petes Alldroid page and now every time I get a notification, it boot loops:blink::blink:....Back to the drawing board I guess...I'm sure I'll figure it out..Glad everything worked out and Welcome to ROOT!!!!

OP
DessoThumbs

DessoThumbs

Reaction score
"Rooted last night. Followed Matth3ws wonderful step-by-step".:)Congrats on Rooting! It's pretty simple huh? With the guide and all. I applied the smoked glass theme patcher update from Petes Alldroid page and now every time I get a notification, it boot loops:blink::blink:....Back to the drawing board I guess...I'm sure I'll figure it out..Glad everything worked out and Welcome to ROOT!!!!

sorry about the loops, but keep trying you'll figure it out. I've gotten several notifications today, no probs *knock -wood- knock"

it WAS simple. I remember doing pkzip/unzip in Dos, so inputing command prompt entries wasn't too bad.