Quite impressive -- Minor issues

kijutsu

Reaction score
So... I finally took the plunge.

Initially -- quite impressed. Very smooth, no blur makes for fast phone. Much similar to the original droid when overclocked to similar speeds. The 1% increments of the battery is nice. The huge lack of lag is just pure sex. I get so angry at MotoBlur it makes me want to smash the phone to bits.

Am running into a few problems, I know it's beta :) Other than the standards, wonky battery indicator, camera mirrored, bluetooth is borked, (all of which don't bother me). The phone tends to get a lot warmer than it did on Fission/Hexon/a few other roms. I'm not overclocking, using whatever standard kernel is on CM7.

Netflix doesn't work at all -- even with the newest build that DID work on D2g Stock rom. The Netflix thing is more of a novelty than anything for me, as it uses so much data anyway, I'd probably get various phone calls from VZW whining about data usage.

The overheating thing, is the major issue, and sadly a deal breaker. Has anyone else experienced it? It's sitting idle right now, and has been for over an hour. The phone is hot enough to make me seriously worry about how long the CPU will work before it gives up the ghost. The only thing running right now, other than the standard google frameworks and whatnot is Weatherbug, and it's set to update once an hour. Everything else is turned off.. no GPS.. no Wifi, no bluetooth.

Just thought I'd ask -- thanks for any input you may have.

rusty815

Reaction score
go into the cyanogenmod settings and set the max speed down to 1Ghz, its just as fast as 1.2GHz and it runs a lot cooler.

Asphyx

Reaction score
I am not sure if the stock CM is scaling the proc at all...On Demand seems to set the phone to 1.2g and keeps it there which is why the battery life was bad for awhile.

Some tweaks have helped the battery life on recent builds but I have installed SetCPU in the meantime and it seems to scale the proc correctly. Tons more battery life and almost as much as I used to get on Fission.

OP
kijutsu

kijutsu

Reaction score
I am not sure if the stock CM is scaling the proc at all...On Demand seems to set the phone to 1.2g and keeps it there which is why the battery life was bad for awhile.

Some tweaks have helped the battery life on recent builds but I have installed SetCPU in the meantime and it seems to scale the proc correctly. Tons more battery life and almost as much as I used to get on Fission.

Yanno what -- I think you're right. Since I installed SetCPU, the battery is charging faster and the phone is MUCH cooler. I don't think it was scaling either. Kudos!