Impressions for those who are running .902

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
To guys who were on .901: Have you seen any appreciable improvement in performance with .902? Most of the posts seem to be saying the radio stability is about the same. That being the case, I'm trying to find good reasons to fart with an update, and so far it doesn't appear to be worth the effort.

No real difference that I noticed. I'm getting 4G faster, but that's probably because my sim card got fried by accident and I got a new one.

If you're the sort of person who wants to be on the update path, then .902 would be the way to go, mainly because the next update (if any) will start from .902.

Last edited:

bluezdawg

Reaction score
Also a soak tester sinse Tuesday, no issues to date, very pleased!

Sent from my now freaking awesome, butt-kicking .902 Droid Bionic using TapaTalk

Tonik

Reaction score
Well, been on 902 for two days. Had one data drop last night and one just now. Had to air plane toggle both times. I did not have one single data drop for a month on 901.

welsalex

Reaction score
Ok SO FAR, 2 Days of .902

GREAT Signal Strength and Zero loss of data connection. 4G is ALWAYS connected! I live in austin so theres 4g everywhere. I used to have such problems with data connectivity at my place of work. Yesterday it remained connected all day at work.

Battery: Doing very well. It's been off charge for 6 hours 24 mins and I went to the UT BBall game today. Heavy usage while there, lots of google talk (data burns that battery!) texting, facebook, websites. Used it on the bus messin around. Got home had a 20 min phone call. I'm at 20% battery. Thats reasonable considering all the usage and not on wifi (using 4g all day).

Camera is awesome. Quick to focus and sooo much less annoying that old version.

Phone seems overall snappier! I notice I seem to have an average of 300 to just over 400 mb ram free. Used to be 200 to 300 before update.

I am super happy for this release and while I lost root, and am too lazy to fxz, also glad to be on upgrade path again as I was sitting at 5.7.893 just waiting for this update to finally release.

Hopefully next stop is ice cream sandwich!

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
Stock Bionic with no Root. Four in the family, but can only report on my husband's & mine. Strong, strong, strong signal! Quick. Camera seems faster, but haven't spent much time with it yet. No problems with Market "Search" or YouTube "My Channel". We both have noticed a significant battery drain yesterday and today (installed yesterday morning). Being Saturday, we typically don't use our phones that much, but I was down to 20% with minimal use after 10 hours. We can usually get through 17 hours with moderate use and still have 30-40% battery left.
Not sure what's draining the battery, we haven't changed any settings since the update. If anyone has suggestions regarding the battery-life, I'm all ears (eyes).

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
No problems with Market "Search" or YouTube "My Channel". We both have noticed a significant battery drain yesterday and today (installed yesterday morning). Being Saturday, we typically don't use our phones that much, but I was down to 20% with minimal use after 10 hours. We can usually get through 17 hours with moderate use and still have 30-40% battery left.
Not sure what's draining the battery, we haven't changed any settings since the update. If anyone has suggestions regarding the battery-life, I'm all ears (eyes).

The battery life should get better after a couple of days as the new software works with the battery. I'm using the extended battery so I have plenty of juice for the day.

The Search problem wasn't with the Market, but within the App Drawer. Open it and then Menu>Search. If you uninstall updates with Google Search it'll work.

hoghunter

Reaction score
I'm going on 15 hrs with 70% charge left, data has been 4 bars solid, no issues so far....

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

turboteal

Reaction score
wifi & 4g problems, since the update. wifi works for a minute then goes off & 4g does not work at all . need help

DeSoto

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
I got the .902 update OTA today
I was on .901 and rooted
I unfroze everything and let the OTA install itself
I kept root and everything seems to be working fine other than HBO Go seems to crash easier
Battery life is good and so is my 4g
Although I will say the phone was almost perfect under .901