My Gallery and My Music stock apps keep getting stuck and/or crashing

ocramavaf

Reaction score
I wanted to know if anybody else has run into a problem with the stock my music and my gallery applications, as mine keep constantly getting stuck and crashing as soon as I open them, this has been going on for a few weeks, I have tried everything even erasing all content and putting it back bit by bit to see if it was a problem with the size of the content or how many pictures videos and songs I had and i would still get the same problem. One peculiar thing with the gallery application is that the latest pictures always lag but if i scroll up to see pictures taken before it works fine, I am really puzzled by this. For now I am using quickpic for the gallery and google play music for music but I like the options and features of the stock apps so if anyone has any tips as to how to solve this I would be thankful.

ablank

Reaction score
As far as music goes, I suggest setting up Motocast (this will allow you to access all your music as well as files and photos). Personally, I use this in combination with google music because it remembers where I left off at in a song. It also just runs smoother. Just sync using motocast instead of the online google music part; that is just not up to the challenge for a true music lover yet. For the photos in the gallery, I suggest either switching to a different gallery viewer or erase the cache from your gallery, do a restart and try it again. Let me know if this helps.

MEEF

Reaction score
After factory reset pictures from SD card dont show in gallery .

I've been having major battery issues and was advised by Verizon to do a factory reset. Since then my pictures that are on the SD are not viewable in the gallery. I can view the through My Files but not in My Gallery. I'm having the same issue with my music. Any suggestions?

MEEF

Reaction score
Any help with this would be appreciated.

Scott0719

Reaction score
If verzion advised you to do the factory reset I would call them back and ask them what the issue is. It could be quicker than waiting on here.

TOMMYBOT

Reaction score
Could moving the files help? Lkke to phone then back to sd card? Or to computer then back to sd card? Just a thought i dont know my way around this that well

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

MEEF

Reaction score
Scott0719 said:
If verzion advised you to do the factory reset I would call them back and ask them what the issue is. It could be quicker than waiting on here.

They suggested moving the files with my PC. I need to replace my power supply so that's not an option.

MEEF

Reaction score
TOMMYBOT said:
Could moving the files help? Lkke to phone then back to sd card? Or to computer then back to sd card? Just a thought i dont know my way around this that well

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

My computer is not working at this time. I tried moving the into the same file that it is recognizing through My Files but they still don't show in My Gallery.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
If you already did a factory reset, and the pics are shown as a little icon... try this...

Go into settings, apps, manage apps, all, gallery, clear data and force close... give it a minute to catch up.. hope this helps :)

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

MEEF

Reaction score
94lt1 said:
If you already did a factory reset, and the pics are shown as a little icon... try this...

Go into settings, apps, manage apps, all, gallery, clear data and force close... give it a minute to catch up.. hope this helps :)

No luck. Thank you though.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Yep... hmmm. Are the pics showing as icons??? Or is there nothing there at all?

MEEF

Reaction score
They don't show at all in the gallery but they do in My Files. It's weird. I have the exact same problem with my music.

MEEF

Reaction score
I can view them in full size and even share them from there.