My Galaxy S3 Battery Life Sucks Please Help! 15% After Only 7 Hours.

zak9494

Reaction score

I’ve been having this same problem sense I got my phone about 2 months ago but now I’m finally just tired of it! My phone is rooted, using the stock ROM.

What I do to help battery life:
- Every morning I hold the home button and kill multitasking and kill all running aps in the background then I open autokill which automatically kills running apps in the background that are not needed.
- I have power saving enabled
- Easy Battery Saver running

After 7 hours of use I’m already at 15% and through out the day I barley use my phone. Its like this just about everyday. I use my phone about an hour of the entire day of web surfing and Facebook usage etc. The rest of the day I’m only texting and maybe taking 3 or 4 phone calls that last 10 mins. How much battery could that possibly take? A flip phone can do that and last 3 days..

I used my iPhone 4S much more during the day then I do the galaxy S3 because the S3 has terrible battery life.
On my iPhone I would have about 22% after everyday of using it for 11 hours down time = sleep and 4 hours of usage = texting, , phone calls, web surfing, games etc.

I don’t play games or watch movies on my S3. Only texting, instagram, facebook, websurfing which is about an hour a day usage. Also a couple minutes of GPS usage on some days.
What can I do to fix this? I don’t want a bigger battery that will make my phone any thicker.
I have pictures below showing usage through out the day and usage under battery.
Please help!
Thanks!

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Are you on 4G for most of that time? And could you post up a screenshot of what it says when you select "android system" on that battery info page?

Also, in Chrome, do you sync everything with Chrome on your desktop or other computer by any chance, including tabs?

Amir233

Reaction score
I have the same problem as well.
My galaxy used to have a great battery life and lasted almost a whole day while using it.
But suddenly it started sucking the battery and i would find my battery empty over night (8 hours). I thought it might have been my my battery so i bought a new battery but it remained the same.
I even compared with my friend's galaxy and put them both on the same status for 2 hours and when we compared i lost 22% and he lost only 3%.

Im not sure about that but im suspecting it is mabye related to the fact that i updated my phone version.

If anyone knows how to fix that please help

edong98

Reaction score
I have the same issue with my S3 regardless of apps I run. I ended up buying a usb charger so that I can charge my S3 both at home and office. I also bought a power bank from kijiji.ca/craigslist during long distance travel just to make sure I ahve a backup power.

kdw11005

Reaction score
I got my S3 2 days ago and constantly have to charge it. I unplugged it from the charger at 4:30 am this morning (I did not use it at all, it just sat) and by 7am I was at 87%!! I made sure the night before that all gps was off, nothing was running and before I unplugged it I made sure nothing was running. I'm coming from a razr maxx so HUGE difference! I'm gonna give it a few days to try and figure this out because I do like the phone (which is a first since I've only EVER been happy with motorola) but if I can't I'm turning this phone in for a razr hd.

Kittysback

Reaction score
I have the same problem as well.
My galaxy used to have a great battery life and lasted almost a whole day while using it.
But suddenly it started sucking the battery and i would find my battery empty over night (8 hours). I thought it might have been my my battery so i bought a new battery but it remained the same.
I even compared with my friend's galaxy and put them both on the same status for 2 hours and when we compared i lost 22% and he lost only 3%.

Im not sure about that but im suspecting it is mabye related to the fact that i updated my phone version.

If anyone knows how to fix that please help

I just got mine 4 days ago and so far battery is great. It was off charge for over 54 hours with moderate use before it was at 14% and I put it on charge. I hope it stays good. I upgraded from Thunderbolt which barely made it thru a work day. So far I love my Galaxy 3. I hope I continue to cuz I gave up my unlimited data to upgrade.

McPert

Reaction score
Juice Defender app, limit background data, portable battery

Hi,

I'm a heavy user of my Samsung S3, so I feel your pain. Here's what I've done to boost my battery life;

1) Install the Juice Defender app. It's free and makde a huge difference to my battery life. I've used a lot of different apps, this was the best by far.

2) In the settings menu, under wireless and networks / 'data useage', you cans see which apps are using the most data. Some of these update regularly so could be limited. Clicking on an app gives you the option to stop it from updating in the background unless you're on wifi. I do that for Google Play for example, so my apps only update when I hit a wifi connection. It's good for your data limit and your battery. The apps will still update if you use them, they just won't do it in the background. (weather apps, etc do this a lot)

3) This one is my personal favourite. I bought a portable battery / charger. They come in all sizes, but for about £20, you can have it in your bag / pocket wherever you go and charge whatever you need. Mine is the size of my S3 (the biggest option) and gives me 5 full charges. I use it for travelling all the time, so i can spend a few days without needing a power supply. It will also charge any device which can charge via usb. Life changing! This is the one I have: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Lightning-S...r=8-1&keywords=portable+battery+for+galaxy+s3

Hope this helps.

David.

I’ve been having this same problem sense I got my phone about 2 months ago but now I’m finally just tired of it! My phone is rooted, using the stock ROM.

What I do to help battery life:
- Every morning I hold the home button and kill multitasking and kill all running aps in the background then I open autokill which automatically kills running apps in the background that are not needed.
- I have power saving enabled
- Easy Battery Saver running

After 7 hours of use I’m already at 15% and through out the day I barley use my phone. Its like this just about everyday. I use my phone about an hour of the entire day of web surfing and Facebook usage etc. The rest of the day I’m only texting and maybe taking 3 or 4 phone calls that last 10 mins. How much battery could that possibly take? A flip phone can do that and last 3 days..

I used my iPhone 4S much more during the day then I do the galaxy S3 because the S3 has terrible battery life.
On my iPhone I would have about 22% after everyday of using it for 11 hours down time = sleep and 4 hours of usage = texting, , phone calls, web surfing, games etc.

I don’t play games or watch movies on my S3. Only texting, instagram, facebook, websurfing which is about an hour a day usage. Also a couple minutes of GPS usage on some days.
What can I do to fix this? I don’t want a bigger battery that will make my phone any thicker.
I have pictures below showing usage through out the day and usage under battery.
Please help!
Thanks!