my thoughts on the S3

debrad0307

Reaction score
So.. I just got my S3 2 days ago ans I've got to say I'm very impressed with the phone so far. I came from the Bionic which I rooted and installed the ICS leak on. The battery life on the S3 sucked the first day I got it but I was playing non stop. Today I am going on 9 hours off the charger and I still have 47% battery left. I love the keyboard! I can either use Swype or multi touch without changing keyboard settings. S-Beam is fantastic! S-Voice is cool if you allow the girl to say cuss words lol. Phone is very fast (almost too fast to keep up with). The screen is amazing. Colors are very vivid and bright. The camera is one of the best that I have used. I can not think of one thing that I don't like about the phone. This was a very good investment for me. Thumbs up to Samsung!!

Sent from my awesome S3

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
So glad to hear you are happy with your phone, and we appreciate you're giving us a taste of it from your perspective. It's always helpful to hear real-world experience and personal impression regarding these devices before making a decision. There are any number of other phones that the so-called "experts" at the stores will push a customer toward, but getting your first impressions allows them to feel what you are feeling and project themselves into your description. It's certainly not the same as owning one themselves, but at least they are hearing about the phone from someone who has no motive for embellishing the phone's functionality.

Thanks for your input. :biggrin:

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
awesome... I been shopping for one of those off contract

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

kparks

Reaction score
debrad0307 said:
So.. I just got my S3 2 days ago ans I've got to say I'm very impressed with the phone so far. I came from the Bionic which I rooted and installed the ICS leak on. The battery life on the S3 sucked the first day I got it but I was playing non stop. Today I am going on 9 hours off the charger and I still have 47% battery left. I love the keyboard! I can either use Swype or multi touch without changing keyboard settings. S-Beam is fantastic! S-Voice is cool if you allow the girl to say cuss words lol. Phone is very fast (almost too fast to keep up with). The screen is amazing. Colors are very vivid and bright. The camera is one of the best that I have used. I can not think of one thing that I don't like about the phone. This was a very good investment for me. Thumbs up to Samsung!!

Sent from my awesome S3

OK how do u enable cuss words? Lol.... Never mind I got it

HTC1

Reaction score
I love the s3

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III using Droid Forums

Raw Dodge

Reaction score
The longer I have this phone the more I like it.. At first I almost went back to the Razr... The 4G is not as good on the S3 but an update is coming, and it's so much faster on 3g than the razr I don't really care.. Still not loving the back button, but overall love the S3.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

OP
debrad0307

debrad0307

Reaction score
I also wanted to add.. Since I know it is expensive to upgrade phones, Radio Shack has a deal going on. They are offering the S3 for $199.99 ($149.99 for ATT) and they have a trade in program. If you bring in any phone that turns on they will give you a minimum of $30.00 but it could be more. I walked out only paying $36.00 for my S3. I sold my Bionic for $150.00 and I got the $30.00 for my trade in. It's a better deal than going down to Verizon since Verizon won't give you much for a trade in. I literally got $30.00 got an old Alltel phone. It's something to consider if you want the S3.. or any upgrade for that matter.

OP
debrad0307

debrad0307

Reaction score
awesome... I been shopping for one of those off contract

I ended up adding another line to get my S3. I'm on the share anything plan so it was only $30.00 to add the line.

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
I ended up adding another line to get my S3. I'm on the share anything plan so it was only $30.00 to add the line.

30 over 24 months is 720 + the phone price + insurance + taxes on both sides. I rather just buy the phone for 300-400 and keep only one line since I wouldn't have use for two phones and two numbers

OP
debrad0307

debrad0307

Reaction score
sweeeeet said:
30 over 24 months is 720 + the phone price + insurance + taxes on both sides. I rather just buy the phone for 300-400 and keep only one line since I wouldn't have use for two phones and two numbers

Fortunately for me.. the line will be used. So it wasn't a complete waste of money.

Sent from my awesome S3