Should I stay with s3 or upgrade to s6

Dsmith

Reaction score
I absolutely hated my s3 when i first got it. Finally got a update and the phone has been great ever since. I used a friends s6 the other day and realized how slow my s3 is but i just hate the thought of setting up a new phone like i want and redownloading apps and stuff. Im honestly not real tech savvy with these phones so i dont know how to transfer apps and pics to the new phone if i got one. Is there anything I could do to my s3 to make improve on it and just keep it? I know i need a new battery so i could just get a larger one but what could i do to make it faster or should i just buy the new one.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
It may be easier to learn how to transfer your data, etc and set up a new phone than try to get your s3 more responsive. We could walk you through the process of backing up your old phone and transferring what you need.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Also, if you have Google set up properly to backup your apps, when you activate Google on your new phone it should automatically reinstall all your apps. Like @TisMyDroid pointed out, baking up your pictures, data files, call logs and sms/mms are the more important pieces of this process.

There are plenty of excellent free apps to do this for you.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
You can use Samsung Kies to make a backup of your S3 on your PC. Then you can wipe the S3 and restore from your backup. It will save a bunch of things including photos, contacts, notes, etc (it allows you to select what you want to back up). It would make the S3 faster.

Alternatively, you could also restore it to a new S6. With the exception of your app data everything else should be copied over.