Losing 13-15% battery per hour. Any Suggestions?

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
If everything looks good on the phone get an exchange on the battery. Start with the easy things..

meishkov

Reaction score
This is what I get daily. But one time I lost like 35+% battery overnight not doing anything differently than any other night. I turn off sync at night and am connected to WiFi at home. Cell.signal doesn't fluctuate much maybe 1 bar when I'm home. I go into battery and see what's eating up battery, I click maps and force close that, internet as well. Sometimes if I leave a page often that gets updated frequently that can cause drainage. As you can see, I've yet to restart my phone since getting it like 3 weeks ago. Came from an OG so I know the power that beholds in a reboot, I'm just trying to see how long this beast can go without major hiccups. It's surprising me everyday!!!

View attachment 55413

View attachment 55414

View attachment 55415

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Droid Forums

OP
H

Howardmgm3

Reaction score
Update-
I downloaded the free version of Juice Defender 4 days ago to see if that helped.
It helped a LOT!
When not using the phone, I was losing 13-15% per hour. Now only losing 3% per hour!
And I am still being notified when I receive email and texts in a timely manner. When on the internet, things are sill lightening fast and reception is great on phone calls.
I can now get through most days without having to recharge until bedtime.
I see no need now to go to Verizon and have them check things out.
Thanks to Sakhamuri and Z06_Mir for the suggestion.

Natey2

Reaction score
I've yet to restart my phone since getting it like 3 weeks ago. Came from an OG so I know the power that beholds in a reboot, I'm just trying to see how long this beast can go without major hiccups. It's surprising me everyday!!!

I see you have been running it for almost 740 hours. My experience with Android is that it starts to get flakey after many hours of continuous Uptime due to memory and resource leaks, often caused by third party apps. See http://www.droidforums.net/forum/showthread.php?t=126479
Also, I'd advise against posting your IMEI, Device ID, etc. in public forums. Just saying...

Last edited: