Music track cutoff

jlcorbin19803

Reaction score
This is an odd one that I haven't found addressed anywhere else...

All of my music files (wma) cut out 4 seconds too early. In other words, I can see that a particular track is 1:25 in length, but the song ends at 1:21 (I can see this on the player and hear the cutoff as well). This is quite annoying and is consistent with all of my music. With and without headphones.

At first I was certain it was the MixZing app that I had just started using. But I've found this happens with the stock DX player as well.

Any ideas???

OP
J

jlcorbin19803

Reaction score
redundant thread

I just noticed a thread on this exact issue in the Droid Audio/Video forum.

so I'm not the only one. but I can't believe that only a few of us have noticed this problem. Have the rest of you DX users just not noticed this???

STRATMAN

Reaction score
Same problem

I'm having exactly the same problem with my WMA's -- hundreds of them. I don't want to have to go through the excruciating process of converting them all to MP3's. Very frustrating. Google, are you listening?
:mad::mad::mad:

ronbuddha7

Reaction score
Me too !!

the last 4 seconds of all my wma files are getting cutoff. I tried everything to fix it soft reset , hard reset, format sdcard. my old droid worked fine both before and after froyo update. this must be a firmware bug. I bet a lot of people haven't even noticed it because it is rather hard to notice. spent about an hour with vzw and they "never heard of this problem"! I love the X so much that I could live with this little quirk but I am going to bug vzw about this one.