Music Player

Skeptical1

Reaction score
I picked up the Droid early Friday morning. Finally got around to transferring a bunch of music to the SD card last night. I have been using the music player for a couple of hours now and have a couple of questions. Can anyone figure out how to stop the music? I cannot seem to find any options other than play/pause, foward and reverse. Simply pausing probably wouldn't be a huge deal to me except for my second issue. The screen doesn't seem to go into sleep/lock mode while the music player is active even if it is paused and I go back to the home screen. Has anyone figured these things out?

BTW--aside from experiencing the same bumps that everyone else seems to mention; I love my droid so far.

Skeptical1

OP
S

Skeptical1

Reaction score
I added the music widget to the home screen. The screen will now go into sleep mode. I still can't figure out how to stop the music outside of using Advanced Task Killer to force the application closed.

thedefectkid

Reaction score
its in the top. you know how you pull down the top to open to see where your messages and downloads are? if your muusic is playing it should be in there then you click on where the music is then it should open the player. got it?

OP
S

Skeptical1

Reaction score
I'm fine with getting back to the music player using this feature and have been doing so. In fact I like this option. However, when back at the player how do you stop the music rather than simply pausing?

thedefectkid

Reaction score
I think theres not stop. I think you can only just click pause there no stop button except you exiting the player.

OP
S

Skeptical1

Reaction score
Sorry I haven't connected with bluetooth media yet

mawd

Reaction score
Sorry. Creating new thread.

Last edited:

moparharn

Reaction score
My music player activates on its own whenever my phone

connects to the Ford sync system. Very bothersome. I get an alert that it has activated every time I get in my car and you can only pause it to stop it. I guess they missed this too.

jvcalandra

Reaction score
Anybody know if there's a way to keep the phone from sleeping while playing music? It seems that all the songs I play stop after a minute or so when the screen shuts off. I have to keep playing with the phone (open/close apps, etc.) to keep the music continually playing.

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App

MO3iusONE

Reaction score
Anybody know if there's a way to keep the phone from sleeping while playing music? It seems that all the songs I play stop after a minute or so when the screen shuts off. I have to keep playing with the phone (open/close apps, etc.) to keep the music continually playing.

lol you probably have the task killer set so it kills off your music when it goes into sleep mode, this use to happen to me a lot when I'd have Pandora playing, it would also be a pain in the ass when I'd be writting an email, id go into sleep mode and the task killer would quit the gmail app and I'd lose everything I was typing. Go to your task killer and take off some programs off of the auto kill option, such as Web Browser, Music, Pandora, Gmail, etc.

jvcalandra

Reaction score
I'll give it a shot. Thank you.

shmoo

Reaction score
Better yet just uninstall you task killer. Its really not needed

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

MO3iusONE

Reaction score
Also, which task killer do you use? is it the one that came with the phone or did you download one from the Market? I use to use a task killer a lot with my Evo but once I got the extended battery for the Droid Pro, I had no reason to use a task killer, every now and then I'd use it to exit a program that didn't want to exit but thats about it.