downloaded music to music player

moneymiz

Reaction score
i used the app usound to download music but cant seem to get the music into the stock music player. the music will play in the app i downloaded it from but cant figure out how to transfer it to the music player. my old droid did it automatically.
thanks for your help.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
You first have to determine where the app stores the music. Then the music needs to be in a format that is compatible with the stock player. I would suggest you check with the App developer's website or instructions to determine the default storage folder. Alternatively you may find a setting in the menu section that allows you to choose where to store music. Once you determine where it's stored, you can use the My Files app in your app tray to move them to the default folder for the stock music player.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Upon further examination, the app you are referring to is for facilitating the searching, finding and downloading of copyrighted music from unauthorized locations, a form of piracy, and is frowned upon on this forum.

Last edited:
OP
M

moneymiz

Reaction score
thanks for your help and i apologize i think i will go back to amazon mp3
thanks again.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
No need to apologize. Apps like this "appear" to be legitimate, but if you read down the description, you'll see the following:

"
Legal notice:uSound doesn't store links to music or store music in its servers.
It isn't our responsibility the contents that can be downloaded with our application.

Please, only download music that you got the right to copy."

This is clearly NOT a legitimate music service. The RIAA even defines downloading of music from alternate sources, even if you have the original CD as pirating. You can "rip" your own original CDs, and make as many copies for your own use as you choose, but the moment it's downloaded from somewhere else, and you haven't paid for it, legally, it's not "legal".