GS3 Music

Cattledog1969

Reaction score
How is the GS3s music player? The reason I ask is, I'm on my 3rd DROID device and all three had some slight issues with playing music.
My D1 and DX scrambled the order of the music files from numerical order 1,2,3,4 ect to alphabetical order.

The instant I installed my SD Card into my Bionic, the proper order of the tracks were displayed and played normally. However, the Bionic wouldn't show the album covers. I've since used "album art grabber" App to label my albums.

I don't own an iPod or real MP3 player, and I don't see the need to, since music players started showing up on phones.

If this new Samsung GS3 plays and displays music like it's supposed to, I might by it.

Anyone have any experience with this new phone and the music feature??

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Good question cattledog, I'm hoping the same thing. I CAN tell you I have the original Galaxy S (Fascinate) & IT has handled my music amazingly well! So well, that my MP3 player has been gathering dust for the past 18 months because I haven't needed it. I know the GS2 did an amazing job as well, so I'm hoping the streak will continue. It would however be nice to get some confirmation and/or a review of the player on the GS3. Just a lille over 2 weeks till I'll be testing it out for myself. LOL :D

With that said, I certainly wouldn't base my buying decision solely on its ability to play, store, & catalog your music. There are SO many different music players (both paid & free) available in the Play Store, that you shouldn't have a problem finding one to suit your needs.

**tap'n**

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Came across a comment over on the GS3 forum:
I have only noticed one bug. It sounds to me like the stock music player plays the music too fast. Almost like it is running at 1.5x instead of 1.0x. Maybe someone can confirm that I'm not crazy?

I do miss the Note. Mainly for the stylus. Too bad Sammy is throwing this phone a stick with a chunk of rubber to use as a stylus.
**tap'n**

He then posted that he was able to adjust the speed and after a reboot, works like a charm! :D

OP
Cattledog1969

Cattledog1969

Reaction score
I just downloaded "Player Pro" 1 week trial version from the market . I'm listening to it now as I type. It has done what I needed, this rules!! The stock Bionic music app sucks big time. If this thing goes all week without any problems, I think I'll spend the $4.99 on the real app. Then I can approach the GS3 with a little more self control.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Power Amp and WinPro are the best music Apps out there, also give equalizer a try also real nice. In regards to the S3, the European version got a Wofson DAC chip for Audio, better than the Qualcomm one we are getting in the states, Wolfson are known world wide to make quality DAC, I have a few devices with them, like portable amp and hi-fi home gear, the iPhone also uses Wolfson DAC.
DAC stands for Digital to Analog Converter, anything that pushes out music has one, AVR's, Blu-ray players Daps, Ipod's, Zoones, you name it, the big players in the DAC market are Wolfson, Burr Brown, Cirus, just to name a few. If you need more info on this subject just go to Head-Fi.org - Headphone forums and reviews for audiophiles. Or just goggle DAC.
To me though it makes no difference as I use my Cobra D12 www.ibasso.com portable Amp/Dac which I connect to my phone.