Music from PC to Bionic

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
4 options should come up when you plug in via USB; PC Mode, Windows Media Sync, USB Mass Storage and Charging Only. If you use the PC Mode, it'll see the memory as one big area. If you want to put the Music, etc on the SD card you'll want to use USB Mass Storage. Before using that I was told to go to Settings>Applications>Development and then click "USB Debugging." This way you'll see 2 removable drives MOT (internal) and your SD-EXT (external). If you use that, be sure to "eject" both drives.

Last edited:
OP
A

auburn1

Reaction score
OK..... I hear there is a NEW RULE... You are allowed 1 Stuck on Moron question a year on this forum....lol

I DO HAVE that USB cable........ahhhhhhhhhhhhh,,,,,, its the one that plugs into the charger (the ones for the Nav port are not the ones I need).. so thank all for guiding me to that. I am sure it will work when I try it.. I was up to 4am working on this... So, All good now. Good Grief, I am embarrassed. Thanks for the help.

OP
A

auburn1

Reaction score
AFF709: I got the USB connection showing and I hit USB Mass Storage, a file opens on the PC called LOST.DIR. Now do I put some photos in that file which can then be read my the GALLERY icon? Can I trouble you for steps past hitting USB mass Storage.

One thing I noticed, when I hit Windows Media Sunc (above USB Mass Storage)...it seems to be dumping ALLLLL my photos, music, etc. So I canceled that. Also a Verizon V cast window popped up... what do you think about that?

I am almost there.. thanks

OOOOOOOOOOOO.... I think it worked... a box opened up and I hit IMPORT photos... waaaala..... THANKKKKKKSSSSSSSS ALL.. this forum ROCKS... I think I got it. I should work for the FBI... making a Federal Case out of everything. woooossshhhh.

Last edited:

Lakilaulea

Reaction score
You should be able to view your drive in folder view, no? When I plugged my phone in and chose USB Mass storage on the phone, a window popped up on my computer screen asking how I wanted to view it, and I chose folders. So it opened up an explorer folder view, and I just created a folder in there that I named music and just started dragging and dropping.

Last edited:
OP
A

auburn1

Reaction score
AMen to that... I am going to try it on songs now.... crossing my fingers. thanks

OP
A

auburn1

Reaction score
Now one more question on the photos... I put about 30 photos that show up in Library, but I want to add a different "file" of pics. how do I separate those from the ones I downloaded. In other words, if I wanted to show gal pals there would be a file, airplanes.. a file,and football pics... a file. I didnt want them allll in Library.

And On songs: I hit Windows Media Sync.. and not USB Mass Storage on the cell. Not sure I should have done that because it just put 1000 songs on my cell.. I am hoping to find a way to just put a few on or I might just delete 950 of the ones that loaded. That wont be fun.

Like I hit USB Mass for pics, do I do the same for songs?

Last edited:

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Now one more question on the photos... I put about 30 photos that show up in Library, but I want to add a different "file" of pics. how do I separate those from the ones I downloaded. In other words, if I wanted to show gal pals there would be a file, airplanes.. a file,and football pics... a file. I didnt want them allll in Library.

I have several pictures that I want to keep separate due to what they are. What I did was to create files on the sd card for each one. In your case one for Airplanes, one for Football etc. Then I got an app called QuickPic to use instead of the default gallery. It will show you the folders separately no matter where they are and is supposed to be similar to the stock gallery in ICS. Gallery 3D will do that too, and looks like the Gallery in Froyo. Funny, I was looking at the Market and Gallery 3D doesn't show up, but if you Google the name it's seems to be available elsewhere. Both are free apps.

OP
A

auburn1

Reaction score
I like that Quick pic much better, I have one file of a set of photos, and will try to load some Football pics in a few. thanks so much

OP
A

auburn1

Reaction score
I was still foggy on what should I hit when I put the USB card and the Notification opens FOR Music. Should I hit USB Media or Windows Media Sync. I still just want to drop about 50 songs over, not the 1000 plus in my Music file or Windows Media Library. Thanks