Playing music from my Bionic through my Alpine CDA 105 head unit

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a compatibility problem between the Alpine and the phone. I have had Alpine head units and they were good, but I had an 05 model without aux and USB. My Kenwood hasn't had any problems with the few phones I have tried.

X

b00mb00mchuck

Reaction score
I had the same problem on pioneer... it turned out to be a timing thing... when you select usb input on the head unit it does a search for device and files... that search doesn't work if you're already in mass storage mode... I would have to select usb input on the HU and then imediately select mass storage mode on the device.... the HU needs to get that mass storage signal during the search... once I got the timing right.. it worked every time .. no problem.. there's a thread about this somewhere but not bionic forum

jdroid80

Reaction score
The cool thing about a rear auxiliary output is you can route the cable to a more convenient location, and not have many cords from the head unit.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

OP
M

matto524

Reaction score
I was just informed that getting the auxiliary cord to work would require an adapter and another cord... something around $100. I really wish the USB would play music... it would be so simple!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

mattman5000

Reaction score
What type of adapter were you told to get?

You don't need any fancy cable to connect to the aux input. Just a simple stereo 1/8" headphone plug to RCA cable. Under $5. You may need to play with the volume level on the phone to find the sweet spot. High volume on the phone for best signal to noise ratio, and to have full range on control with the head unit volume knob, but not so high that it causes distortion.