Motorola’s Droid 2 “Digits” Ad Hits Internet [VIDEO]

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
That's a nice commercial, I already feel like that most of the time (Droid Arms, Hands, and Eyes) I really like how there advertising bits are going, if you aren't convinced by now, then there is a problem

Crypt92

Reaction score
After this commercial, i'm convinced that they will make a phone called Droid Terminator.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
How about a Terminator-themed limited edition Droid X? Like the Terminator X?
They could get an exterminator company as a sponsor and call it the TerminX

Seroiusly though, I could almost picture it...the Terminator, not the exterminator

Crypt92

Reaction score
They deff should have Terminator Edition Droid X. lol. Mayb a RoboCop Incredible. lmao. Now there are gonna be alot of Robot/Cyborg themed phones after this.

Mechanicat

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Z Force
followed by the ipolice special ... completely arrested

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

69copo

Reaction score
Looks like they are taking aim right at RIM. I remember not that long ago that I thought my Blackberry Storm was the end all be all business machine. Then I got my DX and my eyes were opened. With the open development platform and power and speed the Android is the clearly better device. IMHO the only thing that makes the Blackberry even viable is the Blackberry Enterprise Server, once Android and Google develop there own I think RIM will go the way of the Dodo. dancedroid

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Looks like they are taking aim right at RIM. I remember not that long ago that I thought my Blackberry Storm was the end all be all business machine. Then I got my DX and my eyes were opened. With the open development platform and power and speed the Android is the clearly better device. IMHO the only thing that makes the Blackberry even viable is the Blackberry Enterprise Server, once Android and Google develop there own I think RIM will go the way of the Dodo. dancedroid
Except for all the companies that are heavily invested in proprietary BB apps and encryption, I'd say you're right on the money.

And that new BlackBerry phone looks like it'll be a bit of a hit. Of course, with all these companies pressuring RIM to open up their encrypted servers to them, RIM is in trouble.

The average user doesn't care, but, let's face it, BlackBerry phones aren't deisgned for the average joe/jane/habib, they're designed for the corporate user.

Mechanicat

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Z Force
That Commercial depicted the user a time efficient, driven, team player. What a way 2 play up both sides. 4 all I know he could be frantically texting the partners he's lying 2 covering his a$s & has nothing 2 do with the 4th coming meeting. reading waay 2 much in2 it here ... just thinking ... I'll probably never c the waterproof ScreamInAndroid Harley-Droidison commercial. shame icon:legendary

∞ dose droid dominate

69copo

Reaction score
Except for all the companies that are heavily invested in proprietary BB apps and encryption, I'd say you're right on the money.

And that new BlackBerry phone looks like it'll be a bit of a hit. Of course, with all these companies pressuring RIM to open up their encrypted servers to them, RIM is in trouble.

The average user doesn't care, but, let's face it, BlackBerry phones aren't deisgned for the average joe/jane/habib, they're designed for the corporate user.

I see more and more casual users with smartphones these days. It's becoming the standard. My daughter has a HTC Incredible and believe me when I tell you it's not for work. The Droid is the more "social" of the two but the BB was trying to walk a fine line. Should it be a business tool or a social tool? As time went on I think RIM was getting confused and lost their way. The Android developers were watching this very carefully as you can tell by the quality of the design. There will always be a place for RIM. I'm not writing them off but I see their market share shrinking and Androids growing. As that continues to happen companies large and small will take notice and adopt the new and fresher and open platform.
My brother in-law works for a very large company (VP of IT Security and Technology Development), and he told me that they recently sent out a survey that asked what phone they would use in their personal life. The result according to him was largely in favor of the Android. This makes me :). RIM has always been more of a PDA with a phone built in. Android is more of a hand held computer that you can make calls on. I really and honestly that the Android OS will become the preferred platform. That long look down the road is what made me switch.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Here's hoping. If Android becomes more popular even Apple will have to open the gates a bit -- or become the AOL of cell phones. It kind of is, already, but I meant the way AOL is now.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Considering the Droid X has that anti-work commercial where the guy starts watching movies at his desk, one could almost say this ad is little more than damage control...

I'm not such a one. I HATE the keyboard on my Droid. I'm really glad I have it, but the design sucks a$$ like a plastic surgeon in South Beach, Florida.

However, my contract isn't up till 2012, and unless they figure some low-risk way to get custom ROMs on it (I do not want, desire, require, demand, or in any way like the concept of MotoBlur) and I suddenly come into a lot of cash, my chances of getting it are like a couple of Chinese brothers: No Way and No How.

Get rid of MotoBlur and I might consider it anyway if I get an early upgrade option next year. :)

Whats funny is I don't use blur.....i just don't use it at all. I use ADW and a themed launcher and my own apps. Even with blur on the device itds a nice jump from the orginal Droid.

As far as ROM's go........ it shouldn't be much linger on the X and then maybe the Droid 2 also.

Having said all of that I use an X as my everyday device

To use a non-stock launcher on the Droid X, does the phone need to be rooted?

Nope just download ADW or whatever one is your choice and use it. The themes even work perfectly. My Droid X is excellent every day and I still see nothing of the blur UI