Video: Hands on Moto Droid 2

ieatscones

Reaction score
I have a Droid 2.
I just dont have that chrome trim on it.
lmao
:D
Really?

You have 512MB of RAM? I wish I did as too many widgets and other background services make my Droid chug even when OC'd. A faster processor can't make up for lack of RAM.

You have 8GB of built in storage for all those apps that don't support App2SD? I've only seen a handful of apps with support for this feature and while I'm sure it will expand as Froyo is made official there has got be a performance hit from running off a slower storage medium for certain apps.

Yours does 1 GHz stock clock that, hopefully, won't chew through battery or create a space heater like my Droid does when OC'd?

You have a camera that doesn't have a 3-5 second delay between taking a picture? I've tried other camera apps and none really make a difference in the processing of the picture, not a deal breaker, but it is annoying.

You have a much more useable keyboard, or at least from early reports? This doesn't matter to me personally as I stick with the virtual keyboard. The only thing you could say about the new one is it will most likely be worse for gamers.

Honestly I typed this with a smile so try not to get too upset. :)

Is it worth dumping your current Droid? Not really, unless you can get in with 0 cash outlay. Is it a better updated/upgraded phone? Yea it is and in several areas at that.

Cool
Your

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
so there are now rumors that the Droid X and 2 will have 1ghz Snapdragons instead of ti omap 3630?

OP
cereal killer

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
so there are now rumors that the Droid X and 2 will have 1ghz Snapdragons instead of ti omap 3630?
If you believe that I will shake you to death: )

Sent from my Droid

armeddroid

Reaction score
I have a Droid 2.
lmao
Really?

You have 512MB of RAM? I wish I did as too many widgets and other background services make my Droid chug even when OC'd. A faster processor can't make up for lack of RAM.

You have 8GB of built in storage for all those apps that don't support App2SD? I've only seen a handful of apps with support for this feature and while I'm sure it will expand as Froyo is made official there has got be a performance hit from running off a slower storage medium for certain apps.

Yours does 1 GHz stock clock that, hopefully, won't chew through battery or create a space heater like my Droid does when OC'd?

You have a camera that doesn't have a 3-5 second delay between taking a picture? I've tried other camera apps and none really make a difference in the processing of the picture, not a deal breaker, but it is annoying.

You have a much more useable keyboard, or at least from early reports? This doesn't matter to me personally as I stick with the virtual keyboard. The only thing you could say about the new one is it will most likely be worse for gamers.

Is it worth dumping your current Droid? Not really, unless you can get in with 0 cash outlay. Is it a better updated/upgraded phone? Yea it is and in several areas at that.

Someone's upset, obviously.
Lol
It looks too much like what i already have in terms of appearance.
Never said anything about specs.
And I typed this from my D1.
:]

from Tapatalk widget

silentbob343

Reaction score
I have a Droid 2.
lmao
Really?

Someone's upset, obviously.
Lol
It looks too much like what i already have in terms of appearance.
Never said anything about specs.
And I typed this from my D1.
:]

from Tapatalk widget

Haha, not in the least. :)

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you believe that I will shake you to death: )

Sent from my Droid

Thats cuz of some dumb--- on that Dorid X Twitter page had a clue saying 1Ghz Snapdragon....it got promptly removed about 2 minutes later...

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
I like it!! Not enough of a hardware improvement for me to buy it but It'll fit nicely in the Droid lineup. Still excited about this DroidPro biznitch :D so far Motorola seemed to have done good with the X and Droid 2, lets hope they deliver for DroidPro.

etx_droid

Reaction score
It's nice, I guess they are going with the "if it ain't broke..." approach. This will be great for new Android users, not so much for those that have the Droid. I was disappointed at first, but the Droid is the flagship Android device and probably will be for a long while with this release. Nice job Motorola! Keep em coming and keep on makin' those HTC users Jealous :icon_ nana:

Taegost

Reaction score
I hope it's as easy to root as the Droid. My sister is holding off on her upgrade until I tell her which of the new phones she's going to get and trade with me :)

My Droid Does Tapatalk...

tcayton49

Reaction score
Not enough of an improvement over my Droid to make me switch, especially once i gets me some Froyo :)

Now when some 2ghz Gingerbread goodness comes around sign me up quick, fast and in a hurry.

dadarkside

Reaction score
i am a soon to-be droid convert and i have to say, this phone is excellent for those who haven't purchased a droid yet. i think if i had the droid 1, i would wait for the droid pro to come out.

i've been waiting for this phone to drop for 2 months now (i was about to buy the original droid until i heard the rumor this was coming out)

wkwaggoner

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
droid turbo 2
Droid 2

....please let me see this....really I won't tell "any" living souls....

solution

Reaction score
The hardware keyboard layout on the D2 is worse than the D1. Does the alt, caps, and alt lock key have to be that long? Do we really need an alt lock key!??! was pressing alt twice really that difficult?? Horrible choice imo. The redesign that is the D2 reminds me of someone buying a new char then going to their nearest auto parts store and buying all those cheezy car accessories they have in stock. Feel completely unneccessary.

Hmm.. maybe I should put some glow in the dark flame stickers on my droid. Maybe one of those fake turbo ports too.