Video: Hands on Moto Droid 2

Tnnisace

Reaction score
Ok...so can someone give a definitive response - is there really a Droid 2 and will it come out anytime soon? I am very interested in switching to Verizon. And I am very interested in the Droid but in the leaks I have seen much prefer what I saw in the Droid 2 keyboard that I am willing to wait for it if it really will surface on the market...

Can anyone give some more info? Nothing was asked or revealed at the press conference on June 23. I am a little stunned not one reporter asked about droid 2.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
lol....I know every one was so caught up on X madness they all forgot about the Droid 2. Or maybe they were asked to only focus on the X.

But its very real, just look at the orig post. Maybe its getting released later, maybe it will get released the same time as the X and its just getting downplayed, I dont really know.

But it is a real phone.

Tnnisace

Reaction score
lol....I know every one was so caught up on X madness they all forgot about the Droid 2. Or maybe they were asked to only focus on the X.

But its very real, just look at the orig post. Maybe its getting released later, maybe it will get released the same time as the X and its just getting downplayed, I dont really know.

But it is a real phone.
Thanks for the response. Some websites were suggesting that the Droid 2 was maybe not supposed to ever be for public eyes...or it wasn't mentioned b/c it was scrapped and X is all we'll see. I hope not. I really like the Droid, but think the Droid 2 that's been leaked has a much better one...I have keyboard issues ...I had the Iphone and dumped it before I could type lame on it. I can't stand a touch screen only keyboard. I like the best of both worlds...

Twoo

Reaction score
The Droid 2 will become the Droid Irrelevant if the rumors on the Droid Pro are anywhere close to being true. Oh wait, the Droid 2 is already irrelevant.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score

But it is a real phone.
Thanks for the response. Some websites were suggesting that the Droid 2 was maybe not supposed to ever be for public eyes...or it wasn't mentioned b/c it was scrapped and X is all we'll see. I hope not. I really like the Droid, but think the Droid 2 that's been leaked has a much better one...I have keyboard issues ...I had the Iphone and dumped it before I could type lame on it. I can't stand a touch screen only keyboard. I like the best of both worlds...

Well.....I havent that before.....interesting....

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
The Droid 2 will become the Droid Irrelevant if the rumors on the Droid Pro are anywhere close to being true. Oh wait, the Droid 2 is already irrelevant.

lol....I look at it like the Omnia 1 and Omnia 2. The 2 had better hardware, unlocked GPS....and eventually phased out the 1. The same thing could happen here.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think the Droid 2 and X will probably be the last 3G phones we see from Motorola on Verizon. I still think the Pro will be a 4G/LTE phone.