Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Looks like Verizon is starting to aim the Droid lineup at business a bit more, perhaps trying to steal a bit of Blackberry's market share? Their most recent commercial 'Digits' recently aired and here's a direct link to the youtube version of it:

[video=youtube;QQRu-kVzJIE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQRu-kVzJIE[/video]

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm liking where they are headed. The D2 is actually a nice jump from the original Droid too

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
I'm liking where they are headed. The D2 is actually a nice jump from the original Droid too
Considering the Droid X has that anti-work commercial where the guy starts watching movies at his desk, one could almost say this ad is little more than damage control...

I'm not such a one. I HATE the keyboard on my Droid. I'm really glad I have it, but the design sucks a$$ like a plastic surgeon in South Beach, Florida.

However, my contract isn't up till 2012, and unless they figure some low-risk way to get custom ROMs on it (I do not want, desire, require, demand, or in any way like the concept of MotoBlur) and I suddenly come into a lot of cash, my chances of getting it are like a couple of Chinese brothers: No Way and No How.

Get rid of MotoBlur and I might consider it anyway if I get an early upgrade option next year. :)

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Considering the Droid X has that anti-work commercial where the guy starts watching movies at his desk, one could almost say this ad is little more than damage control...

I'm not such a one. I HATE the keyboard on my Droid. I'm really glad I have it, but the design sucks a$$ like a plastic surgeon in South Beach, Florida.

However, my contract isn't up till 2012, and unless they figure some low-risk way to get custom ROMs on it (I do not want, desire, require, demand, or in any way like the concept of MotoBlur) and I suddenly come into a lot of cash, my chances of getting it are like a couple of Chinese brothers: No Way and No How.

Get rid of MotoBlur and I might consider it anyway if I get an early upgrade option next year. :)

Whats funny is I don't use blur.....i just don't use it at all. I use ADW and a themed launcher and my own apps. Even with blur on the device itds a nice jump from the orginal Droid.

As far as ROM's go........ it shouldn't be much linger on the X and then maybe the Droid 2 also.

Having said all of that I use an X as my everyday device

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
the droid pro is gonna turn the whole person into a robot

That would be a cool commercial....... The question is will be it all it is cracked up to be?

probably not cause by the time we finally know the specs another android phone will be leaked with twice as good specs

I can tell you one device that is not coming to VZw and that is the Scorpian from HTC. That's gonna be ATT Exclusive and that's the closest device to it right now

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint

Whats funny is I don't use blur.....i just don't use it at all. I use ADW and a themed launcher and my own apps. Even with blur on the device itds a nice jump from the orginal Droid.

As far as ROM's go........ it shouldn't be much linger on the X and then maybe the Droid 2 also.

You can replace Blur with a non-stock launcher. I never even...

Son of a...

I'd facepalm but I'm too busy typing. Duh me.

Okay, Blur is now officially not a detractor for me. I'm on CM 6 so ADW Launcher was forced upon me and I didn't mind.

Objection withdrawn. Thanks again, Miami!

bd1212

Reaction score

To use a non-stock launcher on the Droid X, does the phone need to be rooted?

debdroid1a

Reaction score
Not a bad commercial.

But texting during a meeting? Most people frown on that. Although I've saw people do that. One lady under the table.

furbearingmammal;728642too said:
The [video=youtube;MythJLg8IGU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MythJLg8IGU"]Droid X commercial [/video]looks like after hours with no one else there. It even looks like night or evening to me.

INSANENEIVIESIS

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.shadowrom.com
this commercial does look awesome, but i think im going to stock with my Droid. because dont like the shiny band(plastic or metal idk) and the navy blue color. maybe if it gets rooted and roms start being made ill get the r2-d2 version :)